All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
mick18/01/2009 14:54:10
127 forum posts
74 photos
i have a mechanical speed controller i think  came with a 12v marlin electric 
motor i am not sure if i could run a 12v motor  off this speed controller
it has two wires coming off the outer edges  one black and one red i
dont if these go to the motor or the battery  the two wires in the middle of the 
speed controller are also red +black again not sure if these go to the motor
or battery  pleased of the help lads
ashley needham19/01/2009 18:37:36
7121 forum posts
206 photos
Mick. If the controller came with a marlin motor, then it would have been a 12v capable version as thats what the Marlin mototr run at. I will see if my Fantome manual has anything about the wiring thereof (it being what these kits were supplied with).  I bought an electronic speed controller with mine, which came with a seperate sheet, but the instructions are very old so it might have something on it. Alternativly you could call MFA and they should be able to tell you what wire goes where.  Ashley
60watt19/01/2009 19:41:43
253 forum posts
14 photos
I don't think it matters which pair goes to which.
You would be using a fuse anyway so it shouldn't matter.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Shrek
Nylet
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor