Forum sponsored by Dremel

HMS Prince of Wales to visit Liverpool

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul T19/02/2020 13:16:16
7159 forum posts
1213 photos
2 articles

HMS Prince of Wales due in Liverpool on 28th Feb for a week long visit..

The local pubs have been put on standby and everything not bolted down has been removed from the ship before  the public going onboard on the 29th.

Edited By Paul T on 19/02/2020 13:20:17

Ray Wood 219/02/2020 15:24:44
2040 forum posts
718 photos

Nice One Paul,

The guys & galls here in the office liked that one, wheels off the helicopters??

Regards Ray

Paul T19/02/2020 18:32:32
7159 forum posts
1213 photos
2 articles

Hi Ray

Helicopters should be wheels off or they might be on bricks by the 1st of March

Paul

David Marks 119/02/2020 19:34:22
244 forum posts
44 photos

You blokes are bit out of date. Since Liverpool was made a City of Culture in (I think) 2008, when you return to your car and find the wheels have been nicked, you find that it is sitting on a pile of books as opposed to bricks. This means that you have something to read whilst awaiting the AA, RAC etc to arrive with a replacement set.

Colin Bishop19/02/2020 19:51:59
4547 forum posts
6070 photos
399 articles

I have seen that all tickets to visit PoW have been sold. This is the first opportunity for the public to visit one of the new carriers so well worth while if you have the chance.

Hopefully we might get a chance down South at Portsmoth where the carriers are based before too long.

Colin

neil howard-pritchard21/02/2020 00:21:33
1493 forum posts
799 photos

what time is she due in Paul.....

Paul T23/02/2020 11:48:22
7159 forum posts
1213 photos
2 articles

Hi Neil

Sorry to say that I don't know but I presume it will be something to do with a rising tide or whenever the pubs open

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor