Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

JJC units

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Kip Woods23/01/2020 16:42:11
269 forum posts
35 photos

I have come into possession of a couple of bits of electronic trickery, by a company 'JJC' that is no longer in existence.

One is a 'Sound Unit', which I have found some info (not a lot) about, the smaller of the 2 has the same number on it (PE310), but surely they cannot be the same.

Would appreciate any help on how/why/where these might be of use, install/set-up instructions & what I would need to use them i.e. what other bits do they rely on (I presume a speaker is needed).

I run yachts, tugs, fishing vessels & fast patrol boats.

JJC bits

Cookie24/01/2020 08:52:39
117 forum posts

Hello Kip,I have used JJC sound units a lot over the years and have plenty of spares , The larger one is called the master unit and the smaller one is a slave unit .The number 310 is the recording that is on the chip as yours are the same you do not need the slave unit , all you need is 12v supply and a 4 watt speaker into the top terminal block and a Y lead from your ESC to the wire from the master unit . I am not sure what sound the PE310 is but i will look at my spares and let yon know ,Regards Dave

Dave Milbourn24/01/2020 09:41:00
4011 forum posts
282 photos

This'll do yer! JJC PE310 unit thread

Turbocat deisel sound is most used in tugs although wouldn't sound out of place in a fast patrol boat.

Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 24/01/2020 09:44:10

Kip Woods24/01/2020 10:35:50
269 forum posts
35 photos

yes Cheers for that, knowing the voltage is a big help on it's own, the link provided is also a big help, now I know about needing cooling. smiley

Dave Milbourn24/01/2020 11:25:34
4011 forum posts
282 photos

Kip

Cooling that amplifier chip is very important. The majority of failures of this unit were due to it over-heating. We used the same amplifier chip in the ACTion P101 with a proper heatsink. This measured about 65mm x 50mm x 13mm and had multiple cooling fins. That daft little piece of ali channel on the JJC is a joke!

kit05.jpg

Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 24/01/2020 11:26:52

Kip Woods24/01/2020 11:49:41
269 forum posts
35 photos

I'll have a shop round & see what sinks are available, if possible, I'll get one that I can attach a small fan.

Recommendations welcome. wink

Edited By Kip Woods on 24/01/2020 11:50:16

Cookie24/01/2020 19:16:08
117 forum posts

I see , your sort Kip

Dave

Cookie26/01/2020 12:16:24
117 forum posts

The overhauling issue was in my opinion more a problem with the JCC separate amplifier and not so much the master unit , the amplifiers were rubbish , i ended up using a 40 watt Maplin 12v amplifier which sounded great but my batteries hated it LOL

Dave

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor