181 photos

Welsh topsail schooner Miss Morris, progress at 5th January, 2020 -

Fitted the lower shrouds and tiny deadeyes yesterday -

miss morris 5th dec 2020.jpg

Edited By Bob Wilson on 05/01/2020 17:24:07

redpmg06/01/2020 09:38:57
91 forum posts
10 photos

Brilliant as usual Bob . Nice to see - don't know how you have the patience & dexterity

Bob Wilson06/01/2020 10:03:03
1674 forum posts
181 photos

Thanks - I will admit to the dexterity - but I sure don't have much patience, and these models don't take all that long to build, as there are no knots to deal with - rigging all just glued on - Bob smiley

Bob Wilson08/01/2020 20:48:23
1674 forum posts
181 photos

The foresail is now set and rigged and I have fitted all the mast hoops on the main and mizzen masts. Also completed and fitted the shrouds, ratlines and deadeyes on the mainmast. Statistics as of today, 8th January, 2020. I began the model on the 20th October last. So far, I have worked on it for a total of 20 days during that time, with a grand total of just over 27 hours. An average of about 1.35 hours per day worked, but I had numerous days when I didn't do anything at all to it over the whole period.

Bob Wilson10/01/2020 15:52:15
1674 forum posts
181 photos

I have now completed the mainmast with the mainsail and gaff tospail set and rigged with both standing and running rigging.

Bob Wilson13/01/2020 18:26:43
1674 forum posts
181 photos

More progress, and now the main and mizzen masts are complete with all their sails and rigging. The next task will be to set and rig the jibs and staysails on the foremast, and finally, the three square topsails on the foremast. The model itself is now almost complete, but I have done very little on the display case and sea on account of the freezing cold weather that requires some work to be done outside.

Bob Wilson19/01/2020 15:38:41
1674 forum posts
181 photos

Virtually no interest in this one from fellow model shipbuilders, but quite a lot from collectors - All ready for the three square topsails now. There are 24 sets of tiny deades on it, each less than 1mm diameter with the lanyards visible. Don't know if you can see them on this image.

Bob

65 (large).jpg

Bob Wilson02/02/2020 16:18:48
1674 forum posts
181 photos

Miss Morris -

miss morris in sea.jpg

Bob Wilson03/02/2020 07:33:28
1674 forum posts
181 photos

Here is a short Utube video of it being put in the sea - **LINK**

Bob Wilson08/02/2020 09:32:10
1674 forum posts
181 photos

And finally, in the display case.

miss morris in case 1 (large).jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor