By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

help with rc/control

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
John Milbourn04/08/2008 12:34:00
8 forum posts
Hi just getting going on model boats this might be a stupid question.Just puting a new radio in a boat that already has servos and speed control My question is the speed controller is an electronize 43hvr all the cables are marked apart from 2 thin orange and red which have been wraped together.Am I right in thinking this is a switch to put the unit on.or put the rx on.thanks if you can help cheers John.
neil howard-pritchard04/08/2008 19:19:00
1625 forum posts
1059 photos

Sounds like the lead to the receiver, but they are normally red, black and white coiled together.

Electronise don't usually supply a plug fitted but leave a futaba type in a bag in the pack. does it have tiny square section brass terminals on the end of each wire.if it does, definately receiver lead.

John Milbourn04/08/2008 20:06:00
8 forum posts
Hi Neal I have the red,black and white lead as well. What I have is left to right is black yellow  red and blue then the orange and red and the red,black and white.terminating in a futaba plug all except the orange and red are marked on the controller also their ends are twisted together to make a perminant contact..Hope that explains it better thanks for reply cheers John.
neil howard-pritchard04/08/2008 20:39:00
1625 forum posts
1059 photos
cheers, John.I've never come across that set up. have one here myself but it doesn't have those leads on, so sorry, can't help you on this one. perhaps ring electronize tomorrow and ask them...very helpfull chaps. neil.
John Milbourn04/08/2008 22:06:00
8 forum posts
Thanks a lot Neal I will do just that thanks again cheers John
Malcolm Frary26/11/2020 09:03:49
943 forum posts

The two wires probably had a small slide switch on the end, used to switch the control part of the ESC on and off. If a previous owner didn't feel the need for it, or if it died from old age then shorting the bared ends of the two leads together would result in the ESC being on all the time that it had power.

Ray Wood 226/11/2020 09:13:20
2232 forum posts
777 photos

Hi Malcolm,

You may have missed the boat with that answer ? 2008

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop26/11/2020 09:48:23
4756 forum posts
6078 photos
403 articles

It showed up on recent posts because a spammer had added a post to the thread! I deleted it.

Colin

ashley needham26/11/2020 17:35:04
6920 forum posts
201 photos

i think the esc was provided with the wires twisted together but no switch, as i have an old one (unused) that i have fitted to the diamond and this is how it was from the bag.

Ashley

Colin Bishop26/11/2020 18:27:39
4756 forum posts
6078 photos
403 articles

Twelve years ago Ashley... Yes, I know time flies.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor