Forum sponsored by Dremel

Vosper rttl

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Michael Cole 701/02/2020 11:53:43
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi all,

Been having a problem trying to get photo on here frustrating to say the least.

So I will try again, success.

Practice makes perfect, I am learning with the communities help.

Kind regards

Michael

img_20200131_111352.jpg

Michael Cole 701/02/2020 12:01:27
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi,

I should have said I applied the super glue to the batten but you may have gathered that already, but I did apply the glue around the batten to ensure the seal was made.

I haven't got around to fitting shafts and motors as yet. I have been making bits and pieces for the Vosper.

Will submit photos as I progress.

Kind regards

Michael.

Michael Cole 704/02/2020 09:30:48
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi,

Here is a photo of a few parts I have been making.

img_20200204_092052.jpg

Michael Cole 714/02/2020 17:36:40
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi all,

I am having problems getting, according to the plan, light grey paint for the superstructure can anyone advise or recommend.

Kind regards

Michael.

Edited By Michael Cole 7 on 14/02/2020 17:38:24

Ray Wood 214/02/2020 21:04:27
1918 forum posts
686 photos

Hi Micheal,

What is the problem with the light grey colour ? I use Humbrol oil based enamels for most things.

Regards Ray

ashley needham15/02/2020 09:06:43
6499 forum posts
224 photos

......or ordinary household light grey undercoat.

Having just dived in to add my pennies worth of sage advice I can’t remember what your final hull colour was...however it will need some undercoat so a tin of Halfords best grey primer will do, and can be used for the top as well!

There is a lot of talk about “the right grey” for warships, but within a broad range of greys, anything is acceptable as grey is one of those colours most susceptible to the prevailing light conditions, and how light or dark it is.

Ashley

Dave Cooper 616/02/2020 11:58:54
153 forum posts
14 photos

Hi Michael

I used Halfords grey primer for the lower superstructure and Humbrol "Mid-Grey" for the deck.

You may be able to judge for yourself from the latest "Accessories" posts of my boat.

It was quite an over-cast day, and, as Ashley says, this can have a big affect on the perceived 'hue'. If you have a selection of greys available, I would try them out on pieces of scrap wood and then offer them up in different combinations.

Dave

Michael Cole 716/02/2020 14:51:10
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi all,

I got some light grey satin paint and tested it on some scrap pieces of wood. The paint is fine and the finish is good.

Thank you all again for your help.

Kind regards

Michael.

Michael Cole 717/02/2020 12:10:53
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi all,

I need help with the deck, I want to draw the planks, do I seal the deck first if so would 2 coats be enough. What is the procedure could someone please advise me.

Kind regards

Michael.

Michael Cole 720/02/2020 19:57:56
43 forum posts
9 photos

Hi,

I am making window frames for the Vosper out of card and trying to glue the card to celluloid without success. The glue I am using is super glue, is there another way of making the windows.

Kind regards

Michael.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Sarik
Nylet
Shrek
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor