Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Progress

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
ashley needham09/12/2019 08:32:34
6755 forum posts
198 photos

Luck of the draw I think. Our pc is over 10 years old but converted to W10 with no hassle. The only thing that won’t work is the disc drive, and there is no driver for it on W10 for my pc.

Could get an external disc drive, but rerelease needed and the mrs’s laptop drive works ok if read.

Not that I am an expert but as suggested it may be your virus protection is the issue. I seem to remember changing ours a short while after conversion.

Ashley

Bob Wilson09/12/2019 09:09:18
1677 forum posts
181 photos

It came on a lot quicker this morning and is behaving better. But I am completly incapable of minimising windows, If I right clik, nothing happens. Windows 10 reminds me of politicians who keep saying "It is perfectly clear" or "I want to make it perfectly clear" when it is anything but

Also recalls my final seafaring days where some new piece of electronic "junk" was put aboard each voyage with the suppliesr saying it was very simple to use. At the end of the voyage, after having failed completely to use it, they come aboard, look at me sympathetically and proceed to show me how. Two hours later, having failed themselves - the standard reply "We have installed this on dozens of ships and have never had any problems before!" laugh Still can't find the curser here on MB - No wonder they call it a "curser!" no

Bob

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor