Forum sponsored by Dremel

Action P44 Twinlatch switcher

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ian Harrison 404/05/2019 17:35:24
25 forum posts
13 photos

Hi all

Can anyone help me, please. I have an Action P44 Universal Twinlatch Switcher kit, brought a while ago and I have lost the build instructions, I printed off what is supposed to be P44 switcher instructions and it does not bear any relationship to my kit, My kit has two chips in it , the printed off instructions only show one chip, could this be a P44A instruction sheet - a possible upgraded kit? I have emailed Action in Wales, but of course being Bank Holiday there will be no reply until next week. Just trying to save time and want to get building.

Best regards Ian

Dave Milbourn04/05/2019 19:23:07
4025 forum posts
282 photos

Ian

Your kit was produced before we took over ACTion in 2007 i.e. a very long while ago. We didn't inherit the instructions for any earlier version than the current one - P44A - which has remained unchanged since then. There might be someone out there who has a set of instructions [try Stan Reffin on Mayhem] but Component Shop will be unable to help, as am I.

Dave M

Ian Harrison 404/05/2019 19:39:19
25 forum posts
13 photos

Thanks Dave, That is a shock, my old age is catching up on me. If someone does have a set of very early instructions I would be extremely grateful. It would appear that I will have to get a new unit from Action when they have some stock available, Component Shop don't have any in stock either. Otherwise can anyone suggest another make of two channel switcher?

Appreciated

Ian

Dave Milbourn04/05/2019 23:05:49
4025 forum posts
282 photos

Ian

ACTion and Component Shop are one and the same. I have sent you a PM.

Dave M

Gambier Bay04/05/2019 23:29:32
19 forum posts

Hi Dave I should be able to help with this.

Stan

Gambier Bay04/05/2019 23:49:26
19 forum posts

Hi ian check your private messages.

Stan.smiley

Gambier Bay05/05/2019 12:29:28
19 forum posts

HI Ian good News will be in this evening.

Stan.

Ian Harrison 406/05/2019 19:14:35
25 forum posts
13 photos

I would like to thank everyone for the help and information that I have received, This website has got to be the best when requesting help and assistance on any modelling problem.

I have hopefully managed to get everything sorted out.

Thank you all again.

Ian

BRYAN ASTON23/08/2020 13:28:31
271 forum posts

Greetings all

another stupid question

Is there switch or relay than can
change the power supply from one battery to another whilst the boat is in the lake, should the boat start to to slow down?

regards

Bryan

Tim Cooper23/08/2020 14:41:42
388 forum posts
171 photos

Bryan

Would it be easier to wire the 2 batteries in parallel to give a longer running time?

Tim

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor