Forum sponsored by Dremel

A Tug of two halfs

My scratch build of James P. Woods

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Eddie Lancaster01/05/2019 08:29:03
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Roger, I like the look of your top workssmiley. I have left the windows on the engine house open, it will allow the sound out.

I am finishing painting the hull and adding a few details, it all takes time waiting for the paint to dry and glue to set, but I am building the top works alongside the main build, I am on wheelhouse Mk.2 at the moment.

Regards.

Eddie.

Roger Clark01/05/2019 10:19:57
250 forum posts
88 photos

Hi Eddie, thanks, it is frustrating when you're on a roll and you have to wait for stuff to take its time, even when you're working on two different parts of the build.

Why mk.ll?

Regards

Roger

Eddie Lancaster01/05/2019 13:42:30
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi.Roger, yes the garden is getting more attention at the moment between all the little paint jobs.

I wanted to stain and varnish the wheel house but the stain on the balsa was very patchy and blotchy,the second one is going to be painted and made of ply.

Eddie.

Eddie Lancaster01/05/2019 17:03:46
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi.again Roger, just finished the name plates for my tug,Master is a nod in the direction of the SS Master that I have taken the colour scheme from and Elliott is my grandson.

dscf3479.jpg

Have you thought of a name for yours yet?

Eddie.

Roger Clark01/05/2019 23:11:51
250 forum posts
88 photos

Hi Eddie, They look great, how did you make them?

Yes I have got a name for mine, it will be Lady Barbara, a nod to my wife, after all she 'tugs' my heart strings, pulls my wallet out and pushes me out shopping so what better? laugh

Regards

Roger

Eddie Lancaster02/05/2019 08:33:54
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Roger, you creepcheeky, the boards are pieces of 1/32" ply painted, the letters are BECC 1/4" vinyl from the Model Dockyard.

Regards.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 202/05/2019 08:42:37
2418 forum posts
849 photos

Hi Roger,

Yes I must agree with Eddie's comment, you can't get away with a tug boat named after your wife !! Save her name for a Riva launch? you will earn more Brownie points that way, and she will be pleased for it to be on the sideboard?

Regards Ray

Roger Clark02/05/2019 10:45:41
250 forum posts
88 photos

Aaaw guys, what am I going to do now? I can't name it after MY grandson.... Master Charlie.... that sounds like a right Charlie wink I could name it 'Maggie May', Maggie is my sons partners name and May just goes with it. Or I could name it after my other son....'Desperate Dan', I'm making no further comment on that one or after his wife 'Miss Ellie', now she's one that I don't really get on with, nor the rest of the family.

A Riva launch Ray??? My list is getting longer by the day laugh. I think my next builds will be a barge for the tug, then I'd like to tackle a sailer, either a Thames barge or Bristol type cutter then things get a bit hazy, would like an MTB type or frigate/corvette, who knows. smiley

Regards

Roger

Eddie Lancaster02/05/2019 13:50:07
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Roger, it looks like you are the same as everyone else on this forum, you will need to live to at least 150 to complete all your projects.

I have a friend who is naming his steam engines after his grandchildren, the problem is they are being produced faster than he can build enginesfrown.

Regards.

Eddie.

Eddie Lancaster03/05/2019 15:40:06
843 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Roger, I received 6k. of lead shot yesterday, over half of it is now firmly fixed in the bottom of the hull.

dscf3482.jpg

This is what 400 grams of lead sheet looks like against 400 grams of lead shot.

dscf3480.jpg

I fixed the shot in place with polyester resin, it's cheaper than epoxy and I had it in stock.

Regards.

Eddie.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor