Forum sponsored by Dremel

New Projects for 2019 ??

New Projects for 2019 ??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eddie Lancaster26/04/2019 17:32:21
695 forum posts
526 photos

Hi.Dave, I agree with all that has been said, a great looking model.

I hope to see it in the flesh at Wicksteed, my home club.

Regards.

Eddie.

Dave Milbourn26/04/2019 19:07:44
4000 forum posts
282 photos

Chris

Many thanks for the kind words. Did you notice that "Tireur" + "Guernsey" is now "Viveur" + "Lambley"? No? Shame that swimming ladder blanks most of it off, but we have to get these details [almost] right, even if it cost me $6!

Speed? You've yet to get used to being retired. As for future Faireys - wait and see, dear boy.

Ray

I'm told 150+ H31 kits to date. The Swordsman kit is to be released "very shortly" along with a revised version of the old 46" H31, into which I have had no input except for the AutoCAD template for the planked deck! So that will be a re-introduction of the Huntsman which was originally designed to take the market away from the Sea Queen which has since been re-done.... My head hurts.

DM

Ray Wood 226/04/2019 20:18:47
1989 forum posts
709 photos

Hi Dave,

The re-introduction of the bigger H31 is great news, I had one years ago, they are the boating equivalent of the Spitfire just look perfect ! Damn I suppose I'll have to buy one and put a huge brushless motor in it 😀

I built the Jontika Sea Queen kit, really good but I didn't know what to do with it , they just don't look right @ mach 2

Regards Ray

Tim Cooper27/04/2019 09:46:48
371 forum posts
161 photos

Dave

That chap in the driving seat gets around. He is waiting to take control of my Huntsman.

Tim

Chris Fellows27/04/2019 10:04:23
695 forum posts
409 photos

No Dave, I hadn't noticed the name, as you say it's obscured, though I remember you mentioning it as an option, good choice! I think with the Swordsman you have surpassed your previous high standard of finishing and detailing. You've even got a figure in it!

A 46" Huntsman is too big for me (I'm currently using mine just for display) and did email SLEC to see if they could cut out a smaller version at 1:12 - I must follow it up. If not I'll soon start building my own.

I was going to go to Wicksteed this year, particularly with the Fairey regatta but Helen has booked a holiday for then, oh well!

Chris

Dave Milbourn27/04/2019 10:22:28
4000 forum posts
282 photos

Tim

I have his brother in my own Huntsman, except he has a Bermuda tan wink . It's a pity they don't do one slightly bigger for the Huntress, which is 1/12 scale. At around a tenner each they aren't cheap but they are very well-made, realistic and poseable, too. **LINK**

Dave M

Tim Cooper27/04/2019 11:58:02
371 forum posts
161 photos

Dave

I got the man and woman figure for a Xmas present, pity that they both have the same colour outfits. Don't think that they would paint well but I might try.

Tim

Edited By Tim Cooper on 27/04/2019 11:58:48

Chris Fellows27/04/2019 15:08:18
695 forum posts
409 photos
Posted by Dave Milbourn on 27/04/2019 10:22:28:

Tim

I have his brother in my own Huntsman, except he has a Bermuda tan wink . It's a pity they don't do one slightly bigger for the Huntress, which is 1/12 scale. At around a tenner each they aren't cheap but they are very well-made, realistic and poseable, too. **LINK**

Dave M

Yes, I've been looking for some decent 1:12 figures but haven't found any yet, not even dolls house figures.

Chris

Ray Wood 228/05/2019 21:31:18
1989 forum posts
709 photos

Hi All,

Is it me ? are open fishing boats just so good a subject for the Action Man aka fisherman stashed away somewhere to be at the helm 😀 this one at Broadstairs, will go back when the tides out and have measure up.

Regards Rayfb1 may19.jpg

Dave Milbourn17/06/2019 19:48:51
4000 forum posts
282 photos

As a follow-up to my earlier post and to answer queries from a few prospective builders, the Swordsman kit is now available SLEC Swordsman Kit. I believe that SLEC are also going to offer the boat kits to the model trade, so you may be able to examine one at your local hobby shop - if you have one.

There's also an arty video of my own #2 model, taken by Martin "Mayhem" Davis at this year's Wicksteed bash. As anyone in the restaurant trade might say, "enjoy!".

Swordsman video in SloMo

Dave M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Sarik
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor