New Projects for 2019 ??

New Projects for 2019 ??

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Wood 210/03/2019 06:50:00
2085 forum posts
736 photos

Hi All,

The weather is not looking that promising yet for floating a boat, what projects are planned for this year ?? Some of our favorite forum's members have have gone to ground ! Where are you Banjoman ?

Regards Ray

ashley needham10/03/2019 08:24:06
6755 forum posts
198 photos

Ray, yes where are they? They should “out” their projects just like I do.

Ashley

David Marks 110/03/2019 09:09:46
246 forum posts
44 photos

I would like to respond to this thread, but for some reason I am having trouble with Cut & Paste. Always used this method before without any trouble. Have the site settings been changed?

Colin Bishop10/03/2019 09:20:59
4592 forum posts
6071 photos
400 articles

David,

As far as I'm aware there have been no changes to the site. Cut and paste has always worked with text but was never intended to be used with images for which the album facility or a link is necessary.

Usually when things appear to change it is down to the device being used by the Forum member. If this has changed or its software updated then it can cause problems. A lot of organisations are experiencing problems with making their sites run on all the different devices in use today. It's called progress I believe!

Colin

Ray Wood 210/03/2019 09:37:34
2085 forum posts
736 photos

Hi Ashley,

Yes where are they ? Batteries charged last night, blowing an absolute hooley down here in Kent, been busy chasing the garden furniture round 😀

London looks great by the way.

Regards Ray

David Marks 110/03/2019 09:49:21
246 forum posts
44 photos

I am currently nearing the completion of Plaudit. This is a David Metcalf design of the Port of London Authority (PLA) tug of the same name. The PLA had a wide variety of tugs, mostly with names starting with the letters PLA. To be honest it will be a version of Plaudit, as I used the vacuum moulded hull which is still available (1:20 scale), but had to change the size/shape of the superstructure to accommodate all the electronic kit. As all the PLA tugs were sold off years ago and have had a variety of owners, often with a change of superstructure, my model will be called Plaxtol (which is a village in Kent). I have yet to decide a livery, but as Plaudit was at one time in the ownership of construction company BAM Nuttall and in their distinctive green/orange livery, then that is one option. Once Plaudit/Plaxtol is complete, my next project will be a catamaran workboat. There have been a number of very good kit reviews of this type of vessel within MB but mine with be based on that presented by Dave Brumstread in MB January/February 2013. As I like to scratch build, I have obtained a set of drawings for Searcher by James Pottinger. This is a catamaran lobster boat in 1:24 scale, but I have already had the drawings stretched to 1:16 scale and the model will be a workboat, based on the Dave Brumstead kit review.

David Marks 110/03/2019 09:53:16
246 forum posts
44 photos

Colin - Thanks for the response and help . Yes, C&P now requires the use of Ctl + V. As it is blowing a gale outside, I will try and add some images of my near complete Plaudit/Plaxtol.

Colin Bishop10/03/2019 10:32:15
4592 forum posts
6071 photos
400 articles

I have had several weeks off doing any serious modelling while some minor house improbements and redecorations took priority but now getting back into my liner model. The main hull is pretty much complete except for fittings and I am now working on the superstructure. Due to its 'shade deck' nature it is something of a three dimensional jigsaw to work out how to construct it and in what order the parts will need to go together. I have a decent set of drawings and photos but not everything is obvious and there is quite a bit of headscratching involved in getting it all right.

Last week I managed to get hold of a copy of the August 1963 issue of Model Maker in which the 1:1200 R. Carpenter drawing appeared. I already have a much faded dyeline 1:600 print but the Carpenter drawing (below) does help in clarifying how all the elements of the ship fit together.

Looking at my file, I first started researching the ship in 1974...

Colin

Almeda Carpenter Plan

Tim Rowe10/03/2019 11:48:41
407 forum posts
440 photos

Good question Ray

I say it every year but I really am going to try to use my models more. Boats and aircraft.

Learn how to program my transmitters.

As for starting a new project it will have to be Wild Duck (thank you) but not sure if it will be full size for sailing or 1/2 size for display. I live in a flat so space is always at a premium until I crash a few more planes!

The idea of designing something is beginning to grow.

Tim R

Chris Fellows10/03/2019 19:47:37
772 forum posts
489 photos

Ray, new projects, I need to finish some of the current ones first! Of those it will probably be the River Cruiser and the Huntsman 28 that get finished first. The Swordsman 33, though started first has become a longer term project (not too long I hope!) due to me going to plank the deck and rear cabin roof.

You know about the Fisherman 27 but in addition to that I'm going to build a Huntsman 31 and at some time the Spearfish kit I picked up.

Trouble is I've got to get back into the DIY and finish off the bedrooms etc. and I've vowed to use my motorbikes more this year. I also want to spend more time on photography etc.

Good news is that it's only 4 weeks until retirement now!

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor