Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

from all at Model Boats; Martyn. Colin and Richard

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
harry smith 125/12/2018 11:44:00
846 forum posts
1083 photos

Hi All

Well Christmas is done and dusted in Tasmania with a fine 22 degree day, cold beer, boat load of food and family..

Great day !!!

Harry

Colin Bishop25/12/2018 12:35:33
4157 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Just getting up to speed here. Turkey extracted from oven and onto serving dish whilst remaining intact bar the odd unimportant appendage...

Colin

Dave Milbourn26/12/2018 11:12:57
3631 forum posts
228 photos

Well that went much as I expected - no better.

Glad to get home at about 10pm, hang up the car keys and finally have some peace and quiet - and a drink. I'm beginning to understand the late great W C Fields' comment "There's not a man in America who at one time or another hasn't had a secret desire to boot a child in the ass" as well as many of his pronouncements on 'the devil's brew'.
For fellow Grinches there's a lot more of his wit and charm here **LINK**

In the meantime there's only 363.5 shopping days until the next one...

scream.jpg

Happy New Year!

Dave M

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 26/12/2018 11:13:59

Colin Bishop26/12/2018 12:52:04
4157 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Glad you're enjoying yourself Dave... beer

Colin

Dave Milbourn26/12/2018 13:32:18
3631 forum posts
228 photos

I am now, m'duck! 'T is blissfully quiet in my workshop - just myself and my good friend Jack for company. wink

DM

Paul T26/12/2018 17:45:30
6751 forum posts
1118 photos
2 articles

Dave

You should be careful taking iffy americans into your workshop especially when superglue is lying around.

What do you mean 363 days to the next one.......haven't you already started 2019 Christmas shopping, my credit cards are already feeling the 2019 pre-season pinch.

Paul

Dave Milbourn26/12/2018 23:13:16
3631 forum posts
228 photos

I know what you mean, PT.
I've even seen Christmas decorations up already!!

Chris Fellows31/12/2018 19:11:08
363 forum posts
202 photos

Well, after producing a fair bit of Fairey dust today I was looking forward to collapsing on the settee this evening with a few beers and/or glasses of wine.

But phone went and in-laws have invited us over for drinks and nibbles. At least they are in staggering distance!

So a happy new year to all the forumites and get building those models in 2019 that you keep promising yourselves to do. Apart from Harry, who needs to build less!

Cheers, Chris

harry smith 131/12/2018 22:49:39
846 forum posts
1083 photos

Hi Chris

You are sounding like my handbrake(WIFE) !!!!

R ewe planning to finish a boat this year.

Posted 9.47AM 1/1/2019 Tasmanian Summer Time and it's only be 24 today with 37 on Friday !!!!

Harry

Chris Fellows01/01/2019 11:26:41
363 forum posts
202 photos

Hi Harry

But your wife's reasons for building less are different to mine!

As for completing boats I bloomin' hope so! What's going to hold me up is waiting for warmer weather to do the painting unless I can find somewhere inside to do it.

I'm retiring in three months time so will have more time for future builds.

Cheers, Chris

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Pendle Boilers
Shrek
PremierJuly 2019
Premier March
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor