Forum sponsored by Dremel

Model Boats November 2018

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Colin Bishop03/10/2018 13:50:42
4155 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

The Cover and Contents of the November 2018 issue can now be viewed from the website front page. As usual a big variety of articles so something for everyone and you can see some article heading pages to whet your appetite!

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:28:33

The Long Build03/10/2018 20:03:54
656 forum posts
268 photos

Yes Was able to download it last Friday, Not seen it that early before.. Reminds me I need to send a note to the editor as the Convention article has Ribble MBC as the club playing with the Fun Boats , where in fact it Was Runcorn and District Scale Model Boats..face 1

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:29:38

Ray Wood 203/10/2018 21:11:44
1172 forum posts
487 photos

Hi All

Great looking little 15" Sun XXI on the cover !! I maybe slightly biased thanks for the photos Graham, good laugh at the marina

Regards Ray

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:30:03

Graham Ashby 104/10/2018 11:01:58
193 forum posts
69 photos
16 articles

You're very welcome, as always, Ray. Enjoyed the morning and a great little marina.

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:30:36

Tony Hadley04/10/2018 19:50:53
875 forum posts
505 photos

Ray,

Your Sun Tug plan and model look good.

Knew I had seen a model of Sun XXI before, one appeared on the front cover of Model Boats and Cars Plans Handbook 1978/79. The description reads "Sun XXI built by Alan Waller which won the premier Model Engineer Exhibition award, the Duke of Edinburgh Trophy in 1974. Model features opening doors, sliding hatches and a crew. A similar model can be built from plan MM899. Photographed by Ron Moulton at Welwyn Garden City during Naviga Championships." Plan MM899 is Philip Connolly's 35" (890mm) design.

I've also posted an article from November 1960 Model Maker by Arthur Pollard about the Sun Tugs.

sun tug (1).jpg

sun tug (2).jpg

sun tug (3).jpg

sun tug (4).jpg

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:31:14

Ray Wood 204/10/2018 20:20:09
1172 forum posts
487 photos

Hi Tony,

Thanks for your favourable comments about the little tug If only one young modeller has a go happy days I had the 35" Kingston moulding version of the XXI in the early nineties always a classic which I sold , wish I'd kept it !

Regards Raysunny.jpg

Edited By Colin Bishop on 21/10/2018 11:31:48

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor