Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

MB. Free Plans

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Cooper25/07/2018 14:41:43
463 forum posts
190 photos

What does everyone do with the free plans from the magazine? I have a large file full of about 10 years worth. With a house move coming up next year, I have got to slim down my modelling stuff.

Tim

Charles Oates25/07/2018 14:52:27
663 forum posts
52 photos

Many of us donate them to our club, where they are stored for any member to use. The system works well. We do the same with old magazines.

Chris Fellows25/07/2018 21:49:19
1196 forum posts
752 photos

Hi Tim

You haven't got any plans for a life boat hull (ship's life boat shaped one) amongst them as they would be useful as reference for drawing up plans for my Fairey Fisherman build?

See thread in beginners.

Chris

fisherman 2.jpg

Tim Cooper25/07/2018 22:20:43
463 forum posts
190 photos

Chris

Sorry no. These are the free plans which are included in the mag on certain months.

Tim

Malcolm Frary26/07/2018 10:03:41
1043 forum posts

When my pile of old magazines got too big for comfort, I put them on the bring n buy stall at our show as a donation to the RNLI. Those that came with plans, still had them. I did keep plan and magazine associated since there was invariably a construction article to go with the plan. Hopefully they started a lot of new builds.

Chris Fellows26/07/2018 13:45:12
1196 forum posts
752 photos

Thanks Tim

Worth a try. I have located a mag. with some plans that may do the job but it's from before your lot.

Chris

Andy C28/07/2018 10:52:55
478 forum posts
120 photos

My plans are stored in a file. I pull the relevant pages out of the mag an recycle it. Keep the pages with the plans. Just in case I ever get round to finishing one and starting another.

Andy C28/07/2018 10:55:03
478 forum posts
120 photos

A lot of work maybe, but you could list the plans here or another site. There is also a Facebook page for roc boat plans. They need to be electronic copies though. So even more work.  In case anyone fancies a particular one. 

Edited By Andy C on 28/07/2018 10:55:42

Tim Cooper28/07/2018 11:55:46
463 forum posts
190 photos

Andy

I do the same, take out the plans and the article and recycle the mag.

But I have several lever arch files now, perhaps I will just go through them and save any I may build.

Tim

Dave Milbourn28/07/2018 16:46:04
4025 forum posts
282 photos

Worth a try. I have located a mag. with some plans that may do the job but it's from before your lot.

Chris
I've E-Mailed you a potentially useful contact for details of the Fisherman.

Dave M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Premier March
Sarik
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor