Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Veron marlin cabin criuser

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
George Malcolm Griffett28/06/2008 23:38:00
12 forum posts

Hello,

My brother in law and I built and sailed a veron marlin kit when I was ten years old some fifty years ago this year. I would dearly love to own and/or build or restore another marlin if anyone can help me to achieve this it would be fantastic news.

I have seen the original plans, but it seems to lack a number of dimensions of parts in order to scratchbuild one just from the plan alone.

Malcolm Griffett.

Tony Hadley28/07/2008 19:22:00
897 forum posts
536 photos

Malcolm,

Appologies for not answering this posting before. Have you wrote to Phil Smith, who was Veron's designer? Phil still sells plans for the Veron models. Some of his plans have a photocopy of the cutting templates for the parts, which are very useful, when scratchbuilding what were originally kit models.

Phil can be contacted at 32 Verwood Crescent, Southbourne, Bournemouth, Dorset. BH6 4JE.

Currently I am building the Veron Police Launch, this plan came with the templates. I also have Phils plan of the Veron RTTL (filed away for the future) however this came with no templates.

Hope this helps, Tony.

George Malcolm Griffett29/07/2008 19:58:00
12 forum posts

Hi Tony,

Thanks for the information ,I will certainly  contact Phil Smith as you suggest to see if he can help with this project,

Cheers Tony, Malcolm.

dave allen29/07/2008 20:44:00
36 forum posts
2 articles

Hi George I have a new unused veron Marlin kit still in its original box with plan and instructions, leave your email address if interested and i will send you some pictures

regards dave allen

George Malcolm Griffett29/07/2008 21:40:00
12 forum posts

Hello Dave,I would be very interested in the kit you have if you could let me have further details that would be fantastic!

My e-mail is kestrel59@hotmail.co.uk. Many thanks Malcolm.

Tony Hadley01/08/2008 22:22:00
897 forum posts
536 photos

Hi George,

Hope you manage to get the information required, either from Phil Smith, or from Dave's unused kit. I am sure you will find these Veron designs are a pleasure to build.

As per my previous posting, I am building the 'Police Launch'. The parts (which are cut from the templates) all fit together without any problems. The stringers are made from three sections, jointed together, these all fit like jigsaw peices.

When these designs were drawn in the 1960's and 70's Phil Smith didn't have any computer cad drawing programmes, a 'rotring' pen was state of the art

I hope to soon start an album in the gallery, when progress has progressed further.

Tony Hadley.

George Malcolm Griffett01/08/2008 23:08:00
12 forum posts

Hello Tony,

I have had contact from dave allen and his kit has answered all my needs on the veron marlin although I shall soon be in contact with Phil Smith as you kindly suggested as my interest veron model kits from that era is still strong and this could be very useful for the future.

Many thanks once again for your help and I shall look forward to seeing your album in the gallery.

George Malcolm!

Jose Elias19/12/2016 23:13:01
2 forum posts

Hi

I'm looking for a project boat boat or the plans of the Veron's Marlin model.

I saw it here and some two or three pictures more and I felt in love with the boat.

I'm retired, 65 years old and would like to make it "My project" Anyone can help me. I have already ty to call Phil's son, but I couldn't established contac by phone. It seems it is a wrong number.

TKS

Regards

Elias

Tony Hadley20/12/2016 08:17:14
897 forum posts
536 photos

Had a look around to see what I could find on this one. A few years ago, Veron plans were still being sold by Colin Smith, Phil's son. I couldn't find any up-to-date information though.

A model aircraft plans site model-plans.co.uk have listings of Veron aircraft plans. It may be worth contacting them for Colin's contact details.

**LINK**

I came across this review of the Veron Marlin in November 1953 Model Maker magazine which may be of interest.

veron marlin.jpg

Jose Elias20/12/2016 17:21:57
2 forum posts

Thank you very much Tony.

Indeed I just contact Collin by phone. And I'm going to buy the plans.

I was dialing the phone wrongly. I sent him a message he answered me, but I managed to talk to him by phone.

Thank you once again.

As soon as I begin the boat I'll post something here.

Merry Christmas

Elias

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Shrek
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor