Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Italeri S100

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Tim Cooper07/06/2018 16:28:01
349 forum posts
149 photos

Some pictures of progress to date of Italeri S100 conversion,.

Hull together, guns assembled. Two turn and working on the bow gun. Hoping to get them to flash in time to a 'bang'

Tim

p1070296.jpg

p1070287.jpg

p1070289.jpg

Tim Cooper02/07/2018 13:10:29
349 forum posts
149 photos

Most of the crew have now been painted, I know it's out of sequence but I fancied a bit of figure painting.

The guns now turn, next to make them flash and bang.

p1070305.jpgp1070307.jpg

Tim

Tim Cooper28/12/2018 12:04:37
349 forum posts
149 photos

An update of the progress. I have added most of the electronic bits and the the two decks guns will now turn. The bow gun was to turn using a servo and pulley system but it wasn't successful, so I will have to try again in the new year.

I have been attempting to make a German Sea Mine to fit on the stern, probably not that accurate but will be Ok from a distance. The sphere for the mine was a lucky find at a friends birthday part - a small football keyring. Just need to make a few more!

Tim

p1070571.jpg

Tim Cooper01/04/2020 10:19:55
349 forum posts
149 photos

Have just about finished the build on my Italieri S100. Waiting for a trip to the pond, only been floated in a bath so far.

The 3 guns turn and simulated firing from a couple of bits from Radio Workshop and fibre optic.

Three motors, centre one brushless, outers 385, originally 380 but couldn't reduce the vibration noise. Perhaps after the pond I may forgot them or change to brushless. Whenever I get to the pond again!

Tim

p1080236.jpg

p1080233.jpg

p1080235.jpg

Edited By Tim Cooper on 01/04/2020 10:21:27

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Sarik
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor