By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Editor change again

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
terry small 105/05/2018 14:36:51
9 forum posts

Graham Ashby no longer editor what is occurring here.

Graham Ashby 105/05/2018 15:32:36
212 forum posts
78 photos
16 articles

Hi Terry,

It's a story that I can't relay in its entirety for reasons which you'll understand very shortly however my brother David, who edits RCM&E magazine, suffered a minor stroke from which he made a full recovery. However, quite understandably he's decided to step off the publishing merry-go-round and take life a little easier. This left the company with an editorial position that needed filling and my background made me the best fit. This, added to the fact that MB's new editor, Martyn Chorlton, is equally as good a fit for Model Boats but not so RCM&E. So, no plotting, subterfuge or conspiracy involved, just the necessary realignment of a few editorial positions. Model Boats, I can assure you, is in safe and capable hands. Mind you, I will genuinely miss you all and the magazine. I've thoroughly enjoyed my all-to short tenure. It's been great fun.

Kind regards

Graham

Edited By Graham Ashby (Editor) on 05/05/2018 15:36:36

Paul T05/05/2018 18:20:15
7091 forum posts
1198 photos
2 articles

Hi Graham

It is good to hear that David is recovered and I can fully appreciate his decision to step back from the 'coal face'. Its a shame that we have to go through another set of editorial changes but I am sure that all of the Model Boat fraternity wish you well in your move and I know that with Martyn we will be in safe hands.

Meanwhile will you ever finish off that little runabout? wink

All the best

Paul

Graham Ashby 105/05/2018 18:53:07
212 forum posts
78 photos
16 articles

Hi Paul,

Thank you very much. Editing Model Boats has rekindled my interest to the point that I shall definitely continue with the runabout build and finish the series of articles. I also have the Bellissima lined up to follow and I'm enjoying the yacht racing too much to stop. So, I'll be around for some time yet and Martin has kindly offered to run two or three of the articles I'd planned to scribble.

Kind regards

Graham

terry small 105/05/2018 18:56:38
9 forum posts

Graham

Fully understand. I read both magazines and very glad all is in safe hands. Your brother looks so well in the pictures. Good luck to you and David. Modelboats current format looks good. Paul and yourself moved a great read forward and hope the new man at the helm builds on it. Many thanks.

ashley needham05/05/2018 19:06:57
6475 forum posts
218 photos

Graham. Good luck with your new mag, and to David as well.

We will look forward to crossing swords with the new man soon!!

Ashley

Graham Ashby 105/05/2018 19:22:58
212 forum posts
78 photos
16 articles

Terry, thank you very much. David, thankfully, is absolutely fine, Model Boats is in great shape and in good hands with Martyn aboard and since model aeroplane building and flying is another of my favourite things that should be pretty safe too wink

Graham Ashby 105/05/2018 19:24:54
212 forum posts
78 photos
16 articles

Thanks Ashley, I'll pass the good wishes of all you folk to David. Martyn will be with you all pretty soon.

Kind regards

Graham

Colin Bishop05/05/2018 19:35:01
4469 forum posts
6055 photos
396 articles

Yes, it's a shame to see Graham moving on after having made such an excellent start but I'm sure Martyn will build on this and will have our support in carrying on what Graham has started.

Colin

Graham Ashby 105/05/2018 20:50:54
212 forum posts
78 photos
16 articles

Thanks Colin, Martyn and I have already had the first of two or three handover meetings and he's very much on the same page as me. We'll be doing everything we can to make the transition as seamless as possible.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Premier Thursday
Sarik
Shrek
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor