Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Lidl - Digital Caliper

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Marks 103/03/2018 08:49:43
188 forum posts
44 photos

I have pushed this product previously, but this week Lidl shops have 150mm/6inch digital calipers in stock at £9:99. These are part of Lidl's Powerfix range of hand tools. I spent my working life in the world of mechanical engineering and find these Powerfix calipers extremely useful and incredible value for money. I am so pleased with them, I have two. Also currently available at the same price is a digital angle gauge. I have one and although not used that often in invaluable when required for marking out or setting an angular face.

**LINK**

Dave Milbourn03/03/2018 10:10:31
3215 forum posts
175 photos

That angle finder looks just the ticket. I paid nearly eighty quid for my digital calipers a long time ago - well before the Chinese started making stuff like this properly. I don't suppose that having 'M&W' on mine makes them any more accurate - well, not for general modelling purposes, anyway.

DM

Chris Fellows03/03/2018 11:34:09
123 forum posts
56 photos

I bought my digital calipers a few years from a motorcycle show for a few quid more than the Lidl ones, but still a bargain, but have only started using them now I'm into modelling and have found them very useful.

Gotta get one of those angle gauges. 3 year warranty as well!

Chris

Dave Milbourn03/03/2018 13:47:47
3215 forum posts
175 photos

Bought one this very morning. Does what it says etc etc. Thanks for the heads-up, DM.

DM

Eddie Lancaster03/03/2018 14:48:09
173 forum posts
146 photos

I will have to stop looking at this forum, just got back from Lidl's with the angle finder AND the tool sharpener!

Eddie.

Paul T03/03/2018 17:04:55
6449 forum posts
1074 photos
2 articles

Hardened Stainless Steel 6in digital caliper £8.50 from ebay (uk site)

Cookie03/03/2018 18:10:29
71 forum posts

Trust me , you cannot trust these cheap calipers ,the scales skip when they come into the slightest bit of moisture ,as for M&R ( Moore and Wright) in the 70,s they were top end but have really gone down hill since . If you want a really good set then Mitutoyo are the best bar none , i have seen them on offer for as little as £45 for a 150mm set.

Dave

Chris Fellows03/03/2018 18:28:01
123 forum posts
56 photos

They are good enough for what I want them for and I usually only buy good quality tools.

If I was using them for engineering etc. I would spend a lot more.

Chris

Tim Cooper05/03/2018 07:13:01
201 forum posts
93 photos

From 11th March Lidl have a modelling Jigsaw £19.99, a Electric Mailer / Stapler £9.99, Hot Glue Gun £5.99.

Tim

Ray Wood 205/03/2018 11:49:40
550 forum posts
374 photos

Hi All

Yes these Aldi Workzone £9.99 digital verniers are great value, Like Dave I bought the Mitutoyo around 30 years ago for £85 when I was building steam engines,050318 001.jpg this was a lot of money then and now, never did get on with micrometers ! The read out's are larger for our failing eye sight

Regards Ray

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Email News - Join our newsletter

Love Model Boats? Sign up to our emails for the latest news and special offers!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
Expo Tools July 14th
Shrek
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor