Forum sponsored by Dremel

Thames Sailing Barge Stuff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Wood 213/08/2021 11:02:59
2505 forum posts
864 photos

silver 1.jpgHi All,

Well ,The Pheonix MBC open day was a great success for us barge sailors getting together after nearly 2 yearssilver 4.jpg, Richard Chesney had Nancy Grey on display built by Kim Hollands to Richards drawings, Peter Simmonds & Dave Sansom came over from the Isle of Wight and a good time was had by all, even if there wasn't much wind

Peters Coastal Barge Cambria and Dave's smaller 30" barge give a good comparison, If anybody is in the market for one of Peters Veronica's he has one for sail contact me for Peters number.

Super Venue and quite a few members of the public/Golfing community took interest

Thanks Richard C for the invitation.

Regards Ray

Dave Sansom13/08/2021 13:16:38
46 forum posts
23 photos

20210811_125411.jpg20210811_125411.jpg

Dave Sansom13/08/2021 13:18:58
46 forum posts
23 photos

Sorry seem to copy and paste twice

It was a great time

Enjoyed meeting up

Thanks Richard C. a great time

Richard Simpson14/08/2021 09:09:51
694 forum posts
354 photos

Absolutely beautiful models gents. I think the Thames sailing barge has to be one of the most attractive and atmospheric scale yachts there is and to see so many of them together is simply wonderful.

Thanks for sharing.

Ray Wood 215/08/2021 08:55:36
2505 forum posts
864 photos

Hi All,

This is the new build Veronica by Peter Simmonds, which is for sale, it is superb and will give you years of sailing pleasure, let me know if you need Peter's phone number.

Regards Raysilver 2.jpg

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Coastal Shipping August 2021
SLEC
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor