9337 forum posts
2985 photos

Hi Ray

Nice summer time shots.........In the sunshine for a change

Bob

Eddie Lancaster08/05/2018 08:58:56
849 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Ray, lovely shots of a lovely boat, not much leeway though!

Eddie.

tomarack08/05/2018 13:55:19
143 forum posts
191 photos

Hi Ray,

very nice model , indeed.. !!!

My model Capricorn should finally get to the " big water" at the end of May .

I will race in the "Footy" class with the "Buta 1" model, and with the barge Capricorn in the free race "About Znojmo cucumber".The races are held at the Vyrovice dam near the town of Znojmo, South Moravia. So I'm curious how it turns out .. it's my ship's virgin cruise - and right now the race.I can not test the models before the race, we have little water, the Becva River has only 10% of the flow at this time. It is said that it is the biggest drought in our country in 500 years. The trees in our garden are starting to dry ... sad

The work on my barge Gusty C. continues only slowly. Some next photos are on >modelbarge info <=> gallery.

greetings

Tom

tomarack14/05/2018 17:35:18
143 forum posts
191 photos

please look at >

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=2060962510851432&set=p.2060962510851432&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Giralda rig in colour

picture from > https://www.facebook.com/groups/1491060737778004/

Tom

Edited By tomarack on 14/05/2018 17:43:21

https://vimeo.com/248075652?outro=1&ref=fb-share                     Red Sails / Vimeo

Edited By tomarack on 14/05/2018 17:50:48

Edited By tomarack on 14/05/2018 17:51:38

Eddie Lancaster15/05/2018 12:29:59
849 forum posts
644 photos

Hi, Ray Just picked up the latest issue of MB, Silver Mist is a lovely boat and a very nice build, if this doesn't get some newcomers into building from plans nothing will!

At the moment I am like a kiddy in a sweet shop as far as my next boat build is concerned, as you know I have two or three builds in mind but at the moment I am drawn to building a Thames Barge, I think it will keep me occupied for quite a while, especially in 1/24 scale with the amount of detail that can be added.

Regards.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 215/05/2018 13:06:42
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Eddie,

Thank's I hope it inspires somebody to build one

I would recommend Veronica at 1/24th scale by Richard Chesney, I bought mine from Peter Simmonds and I value it more than the boats I've built myself ! always trying to get her to go faster. Sarik do the plans which details the hull, spars,sails and rigging, 7 sheets of drawings, so that may slow you down a bit

If you would like the build DVD to borrow, let me know I'll send it to you.

Regards Ray

Eddie Lancaster15/05/2018 14:48:22
849 forum posts
644 photos

Thanks for that Ray the plans for Veronica are on order from Sarik, it did read as though all the build information should be there and you have confirmed that for me. I will let you know about the DVD. I bought some cotton material yesterday and some dye so the sails are already covered, but they will be he last thing to make, as reading your posts and Mattias they need to be fitted to be fitted to to the masts and spars as made.

Eddie

Andy Stoneman16/05/2018 20:39:33
128 forum posts
12 photos

Hi Ray, Ive just seen the pics of your new barge, Well done, you've made a really good job of building it. It looks like its flying along and looking very realistic. About time you had some nice sailing weather, you must have been champing at the bit waiting for it to change.

Andy

Ray Wood 216/05/2018 21:47:58
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Thanks Andy

I think she will be competitive, we haven't raced yet this year, the weather and prior engagements have conspired against me, we have a match in couple of weeks at Mote Park Maidstone near me I've got my fingers crossed and batteries charged how's it going down under ? New model on the stock ?

Regards Ray

Eddie Lancaster18/05/2018 13:53:58
849 forum posts
644 photos

Hi Ray, just got the drawings foe Veronica,frown they will certainly keep me occupied for some time, but not necessarily quite, I could be asking quite a few questions, especially about the rigging, here is the first one, the rigging as drawn I am assuming is for a true scale model, is the actual sailing rig simplified?

Many thanks in anticipation of your continued help.

Eddie.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Nylet
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
SLEC
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor