Forum sponsored by Dremel

Thames Sailing Barge Stuff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Wood 216/06/2021 12:49:52
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Eddie,

Good show, it will be good to see her live on after the actual barge could not be saved, I hear that Tim R is on with his Mallorca flyer tsb Kimberley

As I get my state pension from September I am going on a 4 day week, which has pleased the management no end !!

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 16/06/2021 12:50:24

Eddie Lancaster16/06/2021 13:02:57
849 forum posts
644 photos

Hi. Ray, does that mean more than you are doing at the momentcheeky.

Here is the picture I took of the drawings, I finally found which cloud they were on!

img_1157.jpg

Eddie.

Ray Wood 216/06/2021 13:18:48
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Eddie,

Yes that's a good point !!

Since working from home has became the new normal, the spare bedroom/office is gradually filling up with models mainly plastic aeroplanes on the window cill

I have just had some drawings printed for MV Stability one FT Everards coasters based from Greenhithe very near Bluewater, a tenuous link but good enough for me

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 16/06/2021 13:21:45

redpmg16/06/2021 16:28:41
179 forum posts
17 photos

Hope the window does not get too much sun Ray - amazing how glass focuses heat - and styrene does not like that .much............ Sun so fierce here you would end up with a pile of scrap

State pension here is not even enough to buy a months groceries = MPs earn about 100 times more and retire with full pensions after a very short stay............

Like the plans - which real barge are they for ?

Eddie Lancaster17/06/2021 08:00:07
849 forum posts
644 photos

The drawings are for Eastwood’s Moreland.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 217/06/2021 09:26:56
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Peter,

Yes I can never understand the reason for taxing a state pension? but apparently that's how it works here if I'm still working !!

The plastic models are safe, we have had a couple of weeks of sun but now it's raining again

Regards Ray

Chris Fellows17/06/2021 14:26:19
1016 forum posts
666 photos

And carry on being taxed once retired if you have a decent works pension! You won't pay NI once you reach pension age Ray but you pay more tax, brilliant isn't it!

Yes, it always annoys me when I hear of MPs getting a full pension after very few years (is it 5?) when most of us have to do at least 40!

My wife gets her state pension in September after being diddled out of 6 years. sad

I better stop now as I guess it will be termed political! smiley

Chris

Edited By Chris Fellows on 17/06/2021 14:28:17

Eddie Lancaster19/06/2021 22:14:57
849 forum posts
644 photos

With the recent wet weather I have been able to make a start on Westmoreland sooner than planned, and I have just noticed my latest senior moment, when I called the TSB Moreland, this was the name Richard Chesney gave his modelfrown.

I now have a keel and a full set of frames, it's good to have the right tools to do each job,it makes life so much easier with a bandsaw and scroll saw.

img_1159.jpg

The frames are 1/8 thick ply that was in stock. Working from the enlarged plans I photocopied the frame drawings to give me one copy per frame, I cut the frame pattern out by folding the drawing in half on the centre line which ensured that both sides were the same, these were then glued to the ply using Pritt Stick glue.

The problem with enlarging a drawing is that you also enlarge the thickness of the lines, to more than 1/16" on my drawings,and you also enlarge any slight discrepancies in the original drawing, in this case by X3, I found this out by some of the frames not lying fair on the keel, checking them against the the side elevation drawing I was able to rectify the problem, and without having to make any new frames.

Next the keel will be set up on the buiding board and the frames glued in place.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 220/06/2021 08:07:29
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Eddie,

Wow there is no stopping you always fun to start a new build, let me know when you need the keel depth & weight, my 30" Giralda goes like a Whippet !!

I was going boating this morning, but no sun makes it rather dismal !! so we are off to Hastings to check out the fishing boats

All the Best Ray

Dave Sansom20/06/2021 08:12:56
46 forum posts
23 photos

Morning Eddie

Thanks for posting your construction.

Keep up the good work and keep us posted

Dave on the Isle of Wight

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor