Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Thames Sailing Barge Stuff

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Eddie Lancaster09/07/2019 19:01:50
445 forum posts
318 photos

Hi. Tom, yes you do need a few of those volts to make things work, not sure about the MB site, it seems to be working here.

Regards.

Eddie.

tomarack10/07/2019 17:57:48
104 forum posts
127 photos

img_1723.jpgHi Eddie,

next troubles with password now.

So ... I found out that the servo was probably OK, the problem was caused by a discharged battery. I recharged the battery and took the spare battery with me. Everything was OK. I loaded the model + accessories onto the cart and brought them all to the park to the pond.The weather didn't feel very good to me, it was quite cold by the water,

and the wind almost did not blow. The model behaved unexpectedly well on the water, so I could make some photos.

Next time I need to fix the clutch on the auxiliary engine and I would like to install a mini voltmeter to monitor the battery voltage. It would make my control much easier.

Next photos are in the album (Gusty Cat)

Regards

Tomimg_1714.jpg

Edited By tomarack on 10/07/2019 17:59:26

Eddie Lancaster10/07/2019 20:18:30
445 forum posts
318 photos

Hi. Tom,pleased to hear that you are slowly eliminating your problems, as you say not enough wind to fill the sails.

Perhaps another day though.

Charging my batteries at the moment ready for tomorrow, but rain is forecast, Susie May only uses about 250 milli amps over a 3 hour sail time.

Eddie.

Eddie Lancaster01/09/2019 19:17:00
445 forum posts
318 photos

img_0010.jpg

30" TSBs at hearne Bay today.

Hi.Ray, I had a great day meeting you all and seeing your boats, and recieving your help and sugestions to improve the sailing of my boat

As soon as I get home I will start work on it and hope to have them all completed for the Bluewater Meet.

All the best.

Eddie.

Ray Wood 202/09/2019 08:46:14
1174 forum posts
488 photos

Hi Eddie,

Yes a great day on the water, we were lucky with the weather & wind, the AMBO crew are a good bunch and very easy going, the Buggy/Barge transporter is a great idea looking forward to the finals at Bluewater.

Hans talking to Robert and Dave Watts concentrating in the back ground, with you relaxing between races.

Regards Rayeddie 020919.jpg

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 02/09/2019 08:48:06

Eddie Lancaster15/09/2019 17:46:29
445 forum posts
318 photos

img_0113.jpg

Three wise men, or Last of the Summer Winelaugh.

Peter Simmonds nearest the camera, Richard Chesney and Ray Wood on the end, racing in the 30" TSB class at Bluewater today, Ray came away with a handfull of prizes. I came last in all my races but it was still a good day, very warm with light winds and good company.

Eddie

Ray Wood 216/09/2019 12:55:37
1174 forum posts
488 photos

Hi Eddie,

Two wise men Peter & Richard, and one who needs to lose a few stone, diet started today

Takes patience to sail at Bluewater as the wind is so variable !!!

Enjoy Broadstairs this week,

Regards Ray

Ray Wood 216/09/2019 12:59:46
1174 forum posts
488 photos

Veronica & Susie May poised for the start v sm 1509.jpg

Tim Rowe16/09/2019 15:06:40
256 forum posts
333 photos

Ray

Congratulations on your haul of trophies. When is the first international regatta planned? Here in Mallorca of course!

A lovely sight those barges and definitely on my build list. I seem to have gone off aircraft for a while.

Tim R

Eddie Lancaster16/09/2019 15:33:08
445 forum posts
318 photos

Hi. Ray nice photo of the two boats, sorry about the caption of you three skippers, couln't resist itcheeky.

Management is going to hairdressers tomorrow that means Roger and I can go to Hearne Bay for a mornings sail, then to Ramsgate on Thur. with the Tug, and a final morning at Ramsgate on Sunday morning before travelling home.

Going across the wind the boat just goes sideways, I cannot get any foward drive to get the keel working, anyone any suggestions? even if it's the cr - -p helmsmanblush.

Regards.

Eddie.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Pendle Boilers
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor