Forum sponsored by Dremel

Facebook Cover

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Graham Ashby 111/10/2017 22:26:10
216 forum posts
129 photos
16 articles

Just for fun we thought it might be nice to feature one of your models on our Facebook cover spot so we’re throwing it open for you to send us a maximum of two images that depict your favourite model on the water. Post on this thread but do bear in mind that we’re after running shots on water only please - no gardens and no workshops in this one. Oh, and keep the images high res if you can. We’ll publish the winning entry in the January issue and if you twist our arm we might even be persuaded to give away a free subscription. We're nothing if not generous!

Dave Milbourn11/10/2017 23:16:22
3995 forum posts
282 photos

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome, Graham. We only bite if provoked. What's the maximum file size that you can accept as a posting?

Dave M

Graham Ashby 111/10/2017 23:24:43
216 forum posts
129 photos
16 articles

Thank you Dave, I'm wearing armour just in case! I'm not too sure on the file size although I don't believe it's a problem. I will check in the morning though.

Banjoman12/10/2017 06:55:40
1142 forum posts
2414 photos

Hello Graham,

And thank you for the invitation to share photos! However, I believe that posting them in this thread as requested is not compatible with keeping them high res, as the required passage through the photo album feature of the forum will automatically reduce the size of the image on upload (I think to a maximum width of 1024).

Mattias

Bob Abell12/10/2017 07:45:59
8854 forum posts
2758 photos

Hello Graham

I don't think we, the members, have been formally introduced, in you newly appointed capacity of Moderator?

This is quite a surprise

Are you the ex Editor of RCME?........We have met, quite a few years ago, in the Model Aircraft world

You mention Facebook......A Hi Res picture seems a bit OTT?

Just passing through

Best regards........Bob

Edited By Bob Abell on 12/10/2017 07:46:53

Dave Milbourn12/10/2017 08:25:53
3995 forum posts
282 photos

OK - here's my two - both posted at around 4Mb:

p1050540.jpg

p1050598.jpg

Both photos by Martin 'Mayhem' Davis - good, isn't he?

Spoiler Alert - much more in the next issue of MB!

DM

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 12/10/2017 08:26:23

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 12/10/2017 08:27:35

Banjoman12/10/2017 08:45:17
1142 forum posts
2414 photos

As far as I can see, Dave, both your images have been reduced in size to 1024x575, and now weigh in at respectively 122 and 113 KB rather than the 4 MB you mention ...

Mattias

Dodgy Geezer12/10/2017 08:51:13
818 forum posts
59 photos

Model boats on Facebook? Now that DOES sound like a good idea!! I haven't got many pics available, but here's one off my album:

pt-boat5.jpg

ashley needham12/10/2017 09:07:12
6497 forum posts
224 photos

Hello Graham (and welcome to the forum!)

Snaps.. Pontoon boat, Sans Pareil

dscf1047#sunglasses please (2).jpg

SansP

Graham Ashby 112/10/2017 09:11:09
216 forum posts
129 photos
16 articles
Posted by Banjoman on 12/10/2017 06:55:40:

Hello Graham,

And thank you for the invitation to share photos! However, I believe that posting them in this thread as requested is not compatible with keeping them high res, as the required passage through the photo album feature of the forum will automatically reduce the size of the image on upload (I think to a maximum width of 1024).

Mattias

Good morning Mattias, Right, I've had a quick check this morning and you're quite right the images are reduced in size for web. It's not too much of a problem as far as the ultimate aim is concerned as we'll source a high res image from the winner. If you have anything it'd be great to see them.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Cadma new
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor