Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Traplet Shop & the Plans Service Update

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Paul Freshney07/08/2017 14:44:45
295 forum posts
15 photos

This has just been posted on our sister Model Flying website/forum today, Monday 7th July.

"Here at Sarik Hobbies we are now getting close to the point where we can begin selling the former Traplet products. We will post here as soon as things are in place such as phone line, website etc.

Just a quick note here to clarify the original Sarik Hobbies statement, that we would be offering "many of the product and services of Traplet"
We can confirm that ALL the plans and parts, including wood packs will be fully available, along with vac-formed and fibreglass accessories.
This of course includes the old Traplet plans catalogue in it's entirety featuring the Brian Taylor, Dennis Bryant, Phil Noel, Duncan Hutson plans to name but a few. The huge range of MyHobbystore plans are also fully available too.
Though not so relevant to readers on this thread, it's perhaps worth mentioning that all boat, engineering, railway plans, line drawings etc along with kits from Myhobbystore and the former Traplet are included as well"

Paul Freshney - Editor

Edited By Paul Freshney Editor of Model Boats on 07/08/2017 15:05:01

Paul Freshney08/08/2017 12:56:58
295 forum posts
15 photos

Re: The Plans Service - update

This is the latest Press Release as of Tuesday 8th August from SarikHobbies.

‘SarikHobbies - Introducing Plans, Woodpacks and Accessories

The rights to sell many of the UK’s favourite r/c boat and aircraft plans have now been acquired by SarikHobbies, including the popular designs from Model Boats and Marine Modelling International magazines. The company’s range also includes a large number of laser cut and routed woodpacks, as well as a wide selection of hulls, plus glassfibre and vac-formed parts to match many of the plans that they hold.

Besides a huge range of marine modelling products, SarikHobbies also offer a wide selection of model aircraft plans and woodpacks for designs showcased in RCM&E, RC Model World, Radio Modeller and Quiet & Electric Flight International magazines.

A new online store is under construction (as at 8th August) to show off the hundreds of model plans and associated products that the company offers, but for now customers are requested to visit the existing SarikHobbies website, which shows the company’s long established plastic model products and for up to date contact details:

For modellers within driving distance of Malvern, a collection service is also available during office hours. Visitors are welcome to top up their balsa sheet and strip wood stocks at the same time!’

Paul Freshney - Editor

Ian Bell 110/08/2017 12:53:54
23 forum posts
7 photos

Re the provision of the latest plan for Varmint as a downloadable .pdf file . I downloaded that as soon as Model Boats offered it as an option. This morning I took it into my local Branch of Office Outlet (previously Staples) where a very helpful lady printed it out for me in about 10 minutes.

I now have a beautifully clear AO plan , exactly to size , for the princely sum of £4, and the young lady even apologised that she couldn't get it to fit on to A1 size paper to make it even cheaper.

Paul Freshney10/08/2017 13:18:14
295 forum posts
15 photos

This service will only continue until SarikHobbies are up and running again with what was the Traplet Shop and the Plans Service. I understand it is only a matter of days now for that to be the case.

Traplet (& now SarikHobbies) did/do not get the new MB plans for free, including Varmint, so they have to recoup the money somehow and the magazine of course has to pay the plan designer as well. There is, alas, nothing charitable about this business.

So far, 11 readers have taken advantage of my temporary offer, which was to circumvent the problem of the unexpected Administration of Traplet Publications on the 18th July. As it so happens, if they were still in existence and the plan was/is £12.50, they would have had to sell approx. 30 of them to recoup their outlay before making a profit. I can assure readers that for any plan of any sort to sell double digit numbers of 30+ is hard-going, so that is why they are priced as they are.

Perhaps that is also why the National Maritime Museum start the pricing of their plans at £70 + VAT, although admittedly they will be from original ship building plans. 

Paul Freshney - Editor

Edited By Paul Freshney Editor of Model Boats on 10/08/2017 13:39:52

Edited By Paul Freshney Editor of Model Boats on 10/08/2017 13:43:02

Paul Freshney11/08/2017 14:08:35
295 forum posts
15 photos

This is a fresh update from Sarik Hobbies received on Friday 11th August,

'Buying from Sarik Hobbies

Getting our new business up and running is proving to be a slow process so with the help of the modelling forums and magazines we will try to keep our prospective customers up to date with regular bulletins. Thank you for your patience while we try to get things sorted out.

Communications are a bit of a problem at the moment as we are waiting for BT to connect a landline for us (estimated connection date is the 23rd August). We do have a temporary mobile number (0754 3872005) so please feel free to use that to place an order. Since we are busy doing a lot of behind the scenes work we would be very grateful if you would only use this number to place an order. For general enquiries please wait until the main telephone line is connected, when all staff will have access to a phone. We will post full contact details when we have them.

We are also waiting for merchant services to be set up, so for now we can only accept payments by PayPal, bank transfer or cheque (subject to clearance).

Our main sales tool will be our new web store, but since this is being developed from scratch it is going to take a while to fully populate it, and we won’t be releasing it until we are happy with it. In the meantime we are directing customers to the existing Sarik Hobbies website (www.sarikhobbies.com), which was originally set up to showcase our range of vac-formed and plastic modelling products. We are going to add some basic lists of plans and woodpacks to get things going, but it won’t be very fancy, so again please be patient with us.

Another way of seeing what products we have to offer is by obtaining the latest editions of the RCMW Plans & Construction Special and the Marine Modelling International Plans & Construction Guide. Please note that all these handbooks are a few years old now so they will not contain the last few years of plans published in RC Model World and Q&EFI magazines, and the prices are not current. The equivalent plans handbooks for RCM&E and Model Boats will contain details of a lot of additional plans that we have also acquired the rights to sell.

Here are some more details of the RCMW and MMI plans guides:

RCMW Plans & Construction Special 15th Edition

The 15th edition of the Plans & Construction Special from RC Model World contains details of over 1,100 plans for all types of models, over 500 parts and accessories, plus 200 laser cut wood packs. From simple gliders to sophisticated scale models designed by championship winning modellers, there is something for every skill level.

SKU: MWPGD15

RRP: £5.99

Marine Modelling International Plans & Construction Guide

The Marine Modelling International Plans & Construction Guide is packed with over 270 marine plans, ranging from model tugboats to unconventional models like hovercraft and submarines.

SKU: MMPGD8

RRP: £5.99

So whether you are a Model Aircraft Builder or a Model Boat Builder (check us out on Facebook!), here at Sarik Hobbies there’s a wealth of choice for dedicated model builders, whatever your chosen discipline or level of experience.'

Paul Freshney - Editor

Andrew Gorman 118/09/2017 09:18:33
1 forum posts

Hi everyone, just joined but have been reading MB for a few years now. Was trying to purchase the plans for Wild Duck, went to trapletshop and noticed it's down. Is there any update as to when this will up and running again?

Slainte

Andrew Gorman, New Zealand model boater! 😁

Dave Milbourn18/09/2017 09:33:55
4025 forum posts
282 photos

Try this E-mail address

info@sarikhobbies.com

DM

Edited By Dave Milbourn on 18/09/2017 09:34:23

Ray Wood 220/09/2017 08:55:23
2176 forum posts
760 photos

Hi Andrew

I've PM'd you regarding Wild Duck

Regards Ray W

Armando Loni21/09/2017 08:18:56
70 forum posts
49 photos
The Sarik Hobbies Ltd warehouse was being cleared out last week and the building is now up for lease. All of the stuff was being loaded into a Traplet van. An absolute treasure trove it was!!

Hope someone can get it up and running again......
Colin Bishop21/09/2017 18:21:11
4708 forum posts
6077 photos
402 articles

I understand that Sarik are consolidating their operations following completion of the the various legal agreements.

They will have an advert in November Model Boats magazine published on 6th October and a larger double page spread advert in the Winter Special issue. The website is apparently under construction.

Please note that this is on the basis of information received, Sarik are not part of MyTime Media.

Colin

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Sarik
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor