Forum sponsored by Dremel

SG&K Gentlemans Runabout Mk2

Designed for better access and reposition motor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
harry smith 122/07/2017 10:30:28
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

top side view 3.jpgtop side view 2.jpgtop side view 1.jpgbottom undercoated.jpgcockpit with dash.jpgcockpit no floor.jpgdeck view.jpgengine hatch off.jpgHi All

A warm winter's day, so I dry fitted the aft deck and spray painted the bottom and sides with a filler/ undercoat.

I am resizing the pics and posting soon!!

Harryengine hatch cover.jpg

harry smith 128/07/2017 10:16:54
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

Hi All

Made some wire handles and glued onto the 10mm magnets to plank in the stern .

Found these work OK with the wire easily bent to requirements.

Harry

harry smith 129/07/2017 12:23:21
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

stern undercoated 2.jpgstern undercoated 1.jpgstern final planking 2.jpgstern end view.jpgmagnet clamps 3.jpgmagnet clamps 2.jpgWell Gentleman the stern is finally covered in, looks better than some rear ends I have seen at our club meetings!!!

The magnetic clamps work like I hoped ( over glue-ing a bit of a problem to release them)!!!!

I feel like this one is fighting all the way, but, I will get this beast into the water!!

Harrymagnet clamps 1.jpg

ashley needham29/07/2017 15:08:16
7218 forum posts
169 photos

That's a great smooth bottom you have there Harry. I am sure the twisted and bent bits of wire will make sense....soon...

aSHLEY

harry smith 103/08/2017 05:22:21
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

Hi Ashley

I will have to do some better pics of my magnetics with the wire handles.

I also found these work besides on wood also work on aluminium, etc.(As long as you use one each side).

Harry

harry smith 103/08/2017 08:12:55
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

magnet clamps 7.jpgmagnet clamps 6.jpgmagnet clamps 5.jpgHi All

Adding a few pics of my magnets with handles, hopefully these show the idea better!!

Harry

magnet clamps 4.jpg

Ray Wood 203/08/2017 08:22:19
2418 forum posts
849 photos

Hi Harry

That's a great idea ! really impressed with the way they hold that block plane on it's side

Regards Ray

harry smith 103/08/2017 08:25:43
1079 forum posts
1272 photos

stern deck 2.jpgstern deck 1.jpgdeck view 2.jpgdeck view 1.jpgHi All

Added the stern deck and starting the long planking job.

The outer trim planking is in two pieces with a join near the rear of the windscreen.

Also a short piece on the engine cover.

Will follow the center strip onto the dash area and cover the cockpit drive tunnel with the same veneer.

Harrybow with windscreen.jpg

Bob Abell03/08/2017 08:35:36
9251 forum posts
2962 photos

A very nice looking model, Harry

The magnet clamps have been very handy with such a lovely complex model shape

Was this your idea?

Bob

ashley needham03/08/2017 10:46:07
7218 forum posts
169 photos

Ray, Very funny!

​Harry. Looking soooo good mate, very nice. Yes see what the wire bits are now, good idea. Ashley

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor