SG&K Gentlemans Runabout Mk2

Designed for better access and reposition motor

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
harry smith 120/06/2017 10:12:33
866 forum posts
1123 photos

stern frame.jpgbow frame.jpgbasic frame 2.jpgHi All

I have start my redesign by increasing the size to 860mm, increasing the engine hatch size(the deck planking will hide this), but, the hatch will still look scale size.

I am moving the brushless 3639-1100kv motor and ESC to under the dash.

The dash area from the windscreen will be held down by four 10mm magnets.

The driver and passenger will feel the power of motor!!!!

This is my first go at a double cross planking boat!!!

Can-a-busbasic frame 1.jpg

harry smith 121/06/2017 08:10:59
866 forum posts
1123 photos

engine mount 2.jpgengine mount 3.jpgengine mount 1.jpgHi All

Installed driveline and motor mount using my designed engine mount disc which grub screws onto the prop drive.

Harrydrive line.jpg

harry smith 124/06/2017 07:23:38
866 forum posts
1123 photos

engine hatch 6.jpgengine hatch 5.jpgengine hatch 4.jpgengine hatch 3.jpgengine hatch 2.jpgengine hatch 1.jpgwindscreen uncut  opening.jpgHi All

Cut out for the engine hatch and started on the making the hatch, also started cutting into frame 3 for where I am installing the motor and ESC.

All the wires will go under the flooring.

I have made the flooring in two pieces before skinning the sides.

I did this on the Sea Hornet and made life a bit easier!!!

Harrywindscreen cut out.jpg

harry smith 126/06/2017 08:13:49
866 forum posts
1123 photos

Hi All
Only installed the battery floor and mounted the servo today.

Harryservo and battery.jpg

Edited By harry smith 1 on 26/06/2017 08:18:18

Ray Wood 227/06/2017 11:55:48
1282 forum posts
516 photos

Hi Harry

I think you method of sorting out the internal installation before the skins go on is a great approach and makes good sense, keep up the good work it should be a flyer

Regards Ray

harry smith 127/06/2017 12:52:48
866 forum posts
1123 photos

Hi Ray

Working on an idea for the rudder setup as it will be fully covered in with no access!!!!

Also I totally dislike the original rudder which looks like crap.

Harry

Ray Wood 227/06/2017 13:57:40
1282 forum posts
516 photos

Hi Harry

Maybe a closed loop system with cables, but if its built-in you can't adjust the throws at the rudder end, stainless fishing trace wire with brass tube crimps works well on aircraft.

Regards Ray

harry smith 127/06/2017 14:08:50
866 forum posts
1123 photos

Hi Ray

I can change the throws at the servo end and also on the Turnigy IA6 radio.

Also can setup the throttle channel in two switchable modes, one for scale and one for full throttle.

Also have speed, voltage and motor temperature sensors to read back to the transmitter.

Harry

ashley needham27/06/2017 16:44:34
5691 forum posts
179 photos

I like using those nylon/plastic rudder tillers, and replacing the standard nut and bolt with a 3mm bolt and nyloc. It enables the shaft to be a good fit on the (5mm) shaft, but not so tight that you cannot fit them blind...as long as you can get a hold of it somehow. Makes rudder adjustment so much easier as well.

Keep up the good work, Harry lad.

​Ashley

harry smith 128/06/2017 01:07:30
866 forum posts
1123 photos

Hi Ashley

I am going brass with an oiler tube built in!!!

Double pushrods, double grub screws and double lock nuts.

Harry

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier Thursday
Pendle Boilers
PremierJuly 2019
Meridienne Dec 6th
Meridienne Dec 5th
Premier March
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor