Forum sponsored by Dremel

Type XX111 U-boat

info wanted please

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Rich15/05/2008 13:21:00
51 forum posts
1 photos

OK, cancel all my previous ideas for my new boat, I've found exactly what I'm looking for...it's the ex John Darnell design [ now Models By Design] Type XX111 u-boat. It fits all my criteria perfectly, it's a perfect size and weight for me to transport about, the kit price isn't that prohibitive and being pre formed, a lot of the hard work is done already.

Now I'm after information on the kit...has anybody got one/built one/seen one? If anybody can assist me with any information and/or pictures of said boat I'd be very grateful indeed.

This is the only pic I've found of a model Type XX111, and this is a 32nd Parallel boat, not the kit I'll be buying.

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/sites/2/images/member_albums/3457/32nd_Parallel_Type_XX111_U-boat_0.JPG

Thanks in advance chaps...

Rich

Chris Richards17/05/2008 11:18:00
14 forum posts
7 photos

hi rich

you can try www.uboat.net or www.subcommittee.com  or www.heiszwolf.com/subs/tech/tech01.htm these are porbily the best sites you can look at . i hope they help ? helped me .

chris

Gantu El Hassan02/06/2008 15:59:00
4 forum posts

Hi Rich,

i do have a lot of pic´s of the type XXIII i also have the kit from OWT. So would you please send me your emailadress thanks. gantu@gmx.de

gantu

Chris Richards05/06/2008 16:11:00
14 forum posts
7 photos

hi gantu

my e mail is u570@hotmail.co.uk .

chris

Gantu El Hassan05/06/2008 17:13:00
4 forum posts

Hi rich,

next time please send me or in general the emailadress allways via PN because of the robots of the search engines. Email to you is out.

Gantu 

Alan Poole07/06/2008 21:04:00
59 forum posts
31 photos

Hi again Richard,

I have the MPM Production 1/72nd scale plastic kit of the Type XXIII. It's a Czech moulding but looks pretty accurate. Not built it yet but got it to compliment the Revell Type VII models.

So what's with the renewed interest in model "sun dodgers"?  once hooked it's hard to leave them for their surface cousins, or,  as you will remember them, targets! 

Kind regards  Alan...

Rich08/06/2008 07:36:00
51 forum posts
1 photos

Hi Alan,

After suffering a major heart attack and then leaving the wife, I needed something to occupy myself during the evenings mate... to be honest, I've fancied building another r/c boat for ages, so this seemed as good a time as any to restart.

Surface boats are ok, but there's no better feeling known to mankind than seeing a year's work disappear beneath the water, and even better seeing it come up again. Well, there is a better feeling, but that's what gave me the bloody heart attack!!!

Cheers, 

Rich

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor