Forum sponsored by Dremel

Sea Queen

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Ray Wood 213/10/2016 11:25:37
2546 forum posts
877 photos

kids m 230516 009.jpgkids m 230516 008.jpgHi All

I built this Sea Queen from the Jotika cnc plywood kit a couple of years ago, and she has been on the water twice and works perfectly. As I need the space for new projects she is up For Sale. 2.4meg wheel steering radio 12volt motor Perkins 50A speed controller & gel cell battery included. Asking £275 ono

Buyer to Collect only from Maidstone Kent Regards Ray049.jpg

ashley needham15/10/2016 09:45:08
7394 forum posts
159 photos

Ray. That's a nice looking boat you have there. I bet it goes great in the sea, something that size handles offshore work really well.
​Sadly I do not want to purchase it but that seems to be a very fair price indeed for a fully equipped machine.
Ashley

Paul T15/10/2016 14:31:16
7335 forum posts
1229 photos
2 articles

Ray

I agree with my learned friend, yours is a super model and well worth the asking price.

Paul

Ray Wood 217/10/2016 09:58:42
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Ashley/Paul

Thanks for your kind words, the Sea Queen is a classic design, Its a shame the kit + the running gear and radio (excluding the time taken) is worth less to sell than it cost !! but I enjoyed the build. Attached is me with my first Sea Queen with a different designed superstructure and a 35cc Impex 2-stroke engine at Danson Park lake Bexleyheath in 1975 it went really well with spray rails addedsh wd sq oct 16 005.jpg Happy Days

Regards Ray

Nick Cahill04/01/2017 21:45:00
9 forum posts

Hello Ray.

Ive just seen your Sea Queen, which you posted back in October. Is she still for sale?

Regards Nick

Ray Wood 205/01/2017 07:54:53
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Nick

Yes I'm down sizing the fleet so she must go to make space, If you have any questions please ask, there are some construction pictures of the build in my picture album. Its all ready to run/float. PM if you wish to make further contact phone numbers email etc

Regards Ray

Ray Wood 209/01/2017 09:28:22
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi All

Pleased to let you know Nick did a 450 mile round trip yesterday form Yorkshire down to Maidstone to pick up the Sea Queen, we had a good chat about the state of the world, and he endured the workshop tour and a cup of tea before he headed back to Ilkley, he is thinking about Zenoah power we will keep you posted. Thanks to all who bothered to view the SQ

Regards Rayjan 17 010.jpg

Nick Cahill09/01/2017 19:24:39
9 forum posts

Thank you Ray

It was worth the drive just to have a chat with you and a tour round your workshop.

I'm delighted with the boat, superbly put together with great detail. It's a credit to your skills.

I am a big Sea Queen fan. In my mind it's a classic proven good size boat. There's loads of room for running gear etc and they handle modern power really well. My current one is over 40 years old and now fitted with a brushless motor and 6 Lipo cells. I also bought her from the gentleman who originally built her. Unfortunately I don't have the time to build them, but really enjoy fitting and tuning the power unit to get the best performance from them.

Best Wishes

Nick

Nick Cahill04/07/2018 20:13:01
9 forum posts

Hello Ray

I hope you are well.

Its been a while, just very busy at work. I now have a Zenoah engine, I am in the process of fitting it. My aim is the have the boat running for a trip to Scotland in September. I will keep you posted.

I have the boat on display, and admire it and your hard work often.

Regards

Nick

Ray Wood 204/07/2018 21:44:04
2546 forum posts
877 photos

Hi Nick,

Glad your getting on with a proper engine! All good down here after the nail biter last night, I'm not really a football fan but we are all patriots if they might win

Let me know if you need another Sea Queen , I have drawings

Regards Ray

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Sarik
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Premier March
SLEC
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor