Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Thames river police launch

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Associated19/04/2016 07:32:10
132 forum posts
19 photos

got a Thames river police kit so made a start putting it together last night , using pva wood glue as instructed so can only do small stages at a time while glue drys . Has anyone built one of these before ? I believe it's a aerokit but correct me if I'm wrong ?

How do you upload pictures on here ? Done it before but forgotten how ! Upload pictures to a album on the photo section but how do I get from there to a thread ?

Matt

Dave Milbourn19/04/2016 08:21:13
3999 forum posts
282 photos

**LINK**

Associated19/04/2016 09:01:57
132 forum posts
19 photos

Thanks Dave I have Sussed it now .

Tony Hadley19/04/2016 09:55:20
897 forum posts
536 photos

Matt, here is some information on the original -

The photograph shows the full sized Police Launch at Waterloo in 1940.

Phil Smith (Veron's designer) based the model on a 1:12 scale model held in the NMM. The link shows the model.

**LINK**

police launch @ waterloo 1940.jpg

I built one some years ago, which I was never happy with. The model suffered heavy damage whilst stored in the shed during a cold winter and I scrapped it. Will have a look for some photographs to post.

Does your model have the roof mounted air horns supplied? The original ones as supplied in the 1950s/60s//70s Veron kit are still available and are in Reade Models range of fittings.

Associated19/04/2016 10:00:22
132 forum posts
19 photos

Seems a good quality kit but time will tell , no it has not got any horns . I will add pictures as I go if your interested? Yes post some pictures please .

Dodgy Geezer19/04/2016 14:34:31
818 forum posts
59 photos
Posted by Associated on 19/04/2016 07:32:10:

got a Thames river police kit so made a start putting it together last night , using pva wood glue as instructed so can only do small stages at a time while glue drys . Has anyone built one of these before ? I believe it's a aerokit but correct me if I'm wrong ?

How do you upload pictures on here ? Done it before but forgotten how ! Upload pictures to a album on the photo section but how do I get from there to a thread ?

Matt

If it's one of these, it's Veron : **LINK**

If it's one of these, it's Aerokits: **LINK**

I think the original Veron kit was balsa - the Aerokits would have been ply.  I understand that both are ply now...

Edited By Dodgy Geezer on 19/04/2016 14:36:04

Associated19/04/2016 15:04:31
132 forum posts
19 photos

It's a aerokit but not that boat listed .

Dodgy Geezer20/04/2016 07:01:27
818 forum posts
59 photos
That's odd. I don't know of any other aerokits police launch. Where did you get it from?
Associated20/04/2016 07:17:06
132 forum posts
19 photos

I got this one given to me from a friend who's late father was going to build it .

Dodgy Geezer20/04/2016 08:35:34
818 forum posts
59 photos

Are you sure that it's a 'Police Launch', then? Here is a list with pictures of most of the Aerokits range - which one does it look like? **LINK**

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor