Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Rubbing strakes

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
BRYAN ASTON29/03/2016 10:19:54
271 forum posts

Gentlemen

In the past I have been able to buy plastic D shaped rubbing strips/ strakes for protecting the sides of model boats, despite my searching the usual sites and dealers catalogues I have been unable to locate any ,does anyone know of a supplier or are they a thing of the past, they can be either plastic or rubber I am not fussy.

Bryan

Paul T29/03/2016 12:03:33
7188 forum posts
1214 photos
2 articles

Hi Bryan

Try looking on fleabay for door seals.

Paul

Kev.W29/03/2016 12:15:56
281 forum posts
36 photos

Depends on what size you require, but Model Dockyard do some ......

**LINK**

David Marks 129/03/2016 13:32:52
255 forum posts
44 photos

Squires Model Supplies in Bognor Regis list it within their catalogue (Pg. 339) which is available on-line, but you will need to phone them for the current price(s). 01243 842424 - Sizes quoted are in the range 0.75 to 6.4 mm X 250 mm/10 inches.

**LINK**

BRYAN ASTON29/03/2016 17:24:58
271 forum posts

Greetings

Paul ,Kip. , David

Thankyou all for your links it is obvious that I was using the wrong description I should have used the word FENDER not Strakes or rubbing strips, I shall remember that in future.

Many thanks

Bryan

Gareth Jones29/03/2016 20:15:13
796 forum posts
1076 photos

Bryan,

Models by Design usually have a good selection at the shows I have been to. They still list it on their website.

**LINK**

Gareth

BRYAN ASTON31/03/2016 11:15:35
271 forum posts

Greetings all

Thankyou to all who replied to my plea for help , I went on Model Dockyard yesterday Wednesday ordered rubber fender strip ,delivered this morning ,what a service ,by the way the strip was made in France why not here.

Thanks

Bryan

Dodgy Geezer31/03/2016 12:01:19
818 forum posts
59 photos
Posted by BRYAN ASTON on 31/03/2016 11:15:35:

by the way the strip was made in France why not here....

Perhaps because France has the cheapest power prices in the EU, while the UK has one of the highest...?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor