Forum sponsored by Dremel

Er is it just me

Shopping Partners link wrong

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Andy C13/12/2015 19:25:08
467 forum posts
116 photos

or does the Myhobbystore link, on the right hand side under Competitions (that I have never won, not bitter at all!!!!!),  take anyone else to the Dolls house shop?

Andy

Edited By Andy C on 13/12/2015 19:26:05

Andy C13/12/2015 19:30:34
467 forum posts
116 photos

Might need fixing, but found a way into the SHOP. Who'ed of thought the button marked "Shop" might take you there as well. Now off to find a faiery.

Andy

Colin Bishop13/12/2015 19:46:07
4155 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

I think there are some changes going on at MyHobbyStore. In the meantime do feel free to enjoy the dollies....

Colin

Andy C13/12/2015 21:36:08
467 forum posts
116 photos

Might make a floating dolls house

Andy

Dave Milbourn13/12/2015 23:21:12
3629 forum posts
228 photos

Andy

This might be what you were looking for **LINK**

Dave M

Andy C13/12/2015 23:47:31
467 forum posts
116 photos

Thanks Dave. I found the shop link at the top of the page. How experienced does it mean when it says "This project is recommended for those with some experience of building a wooden-hulled model using these highly detailed and comprehensive CAD drawn plans?"

I have only built two so far, so not really experienced as such. Reading the article it does seem quite straight forward though. Just worried I would not be able to read the plans and cut the bits required from them.

Andy

Dave Milbourn14/12/2015 08:48:30
3629 forum posts
228 photos

Sheet 2 has all of the ply parts drawn exactly full-size so you can trace them onto the wood. Liteply cuts easily with a Stanley knife. The article has a full stage-by-stage 65 shot photo sequence of the build. I've done all I can to make it straightforward to put together. Only you can decide on your abilities.

Colin Bishop14/12/2015 10:56:31
4155 forum posts
5989 photos
399 articles

Andy,

You should have got your subscription copy of the magazine by now so you can see from part 1 of Dave's article just exactly what is entailed in building the model and decide if you are happy to tackle it. Looks pretty straightforward to me and Dave makes particular reference on how to tackle the compound curves at the bow.

Colin

Dave Milbourn14/12/2015 11:27:59
3629 forum posts
228 photos

I have put a copy of Plan Sheet #2 in my "Stuff" album. **LINK**

DM

Paul T14/12/2015 12:49:37
6751 forum posts
1118 photos
2 articles

Hi Dave

Nicely drawn with plenty of space between the parts its a really well produced drawing and a credit to your skills.

Paul

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier Thursday
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Premier March
PremierJuly 2019
JSB MODELS
Sarik
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor