By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more
Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

There's another Fairey at the bottom of my garden....

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Dave Milbourn17/09/2015 17:14:37
4005 forum posts
282 photos

I was talking to my friend Scott Pett of the Fairey Owners Club and he remarked that there's not a plan or a kit of the Huntress available. I took that as a challenge.....

huntress 01.jpg

More photos in the Album. Model is 1/12 scale but only 23" long. Turnigy brushless motor with Hawk 30A ESC and Hitec 2G4 radio. Only waiting for the anchor chain and Red Ensign to arrive and she's ready for the water.

Dave M

Paul T17/09/2015 17:57:00
7151 forum posts
1208 photos
2 articles

Hello Dave

Very nicely built with superb attention to detail.

Its up to your usual high standards and I wouldn't have expected anything else.

Respect

Paul

Colin Bishop17/09/2015 17:58:18
4531 forum posts
6069 photos
398 articles

Lovely job Dave - will you build me a full size one now.....?

Colin

Dave Milbourn17/09/2015 18:06:59
4005 forum posts
282 photos

Lovely job Dave - will you build me a full size one now.....?

You're next in the queue - after Liz's H31. Fingers crossed for the inaugural soaking of H23 - hopefully Sunday.

Paul

Many thanks for your kind words. We does us best-est (but that wheel was a real swine!).

Dave M

mike farrell17/09/2015 20:19:33
378 forum posts
6 photos

Hi Dave .Elaine and I were impressed with your Sea Mist which we saw at Haydock ,so much she asked me to build one for her .Your current model surpasses that by a fair bit Nice model well executed winkMichael

Dave Milbourn17/09/2015 23:12:42
4005 forum posts
282 photos

Thanks, Mike. Sea Spray was built mainly to prove Paul's drawings. If I'd kept the model then I would have put some detail on it, but it served its purpose. I think Paul includes the photos of my build along with the plans.

My little1/16 scale Huntsman 31 is promised to be the subject of a Model Boats feature plan and article in the near future, but I haven't even sent the piccies of H23 to Himself The Editor yet. We don't too many Faireys in the garden all at once, do we?

Dave M

Banjoman18/09/2015 06:50:16
1142 forum posts
2414 photos

Dave,

A truly lovely model in every way! Beautiful lines, marvelous build quality and just generally a sight for sore eyes!

/Mattias

Tony Hadley18/09/2015 08:38:55
897 forum posts
536 photos

A superb model Dave, will be nice to see the on-the-water photographs at a future date.

Noted the use of Hitec 2G4 radio, out of interest Hitec's new Flash 8 mid-range radio is reviewed in RCME, October edition.

ashley needham18/09/2015 08:47:15
6612 forum posts
153 photos

DM. As usual very nice as we expect.

Not sure what the life ring is doing there though???? wink

Ashley

Dave Milbourn18/09/2015 09:42:20
4005 forum posts
282 photos

Ashley

Don't ask me, m'duck - I just made a model of the real thing (well, almost................I changed a few minor bits and pieces) **LINK**

Tony

I shall keep an eye out for that review. I do like Hitec radio (I don't have any other type these days).

Dave M

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Premier March
Shrek
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor