All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  

Articles

Fast Patrol Launch

Fast Patrol Launch

JOHN ELLIOTT reviews the Vintage Model Boat Company kit

Anthony Hudson02/06/2015 11:52:13
5 forum posts

I am updating this model as one motor has failed.Can any one recomend bushless motors & controls that may be suitable with lipol batteries.

Many thanks

Tony Hudson

Dave Milbourn02/06/2015 16:42:16
3630 forum posts
228 photos

Tony

There isn't a twin-engined model named "Rescue Boat" in the current Model Slipway range. Can you tell us exactly which model you mean and maybe someone could help. Their website is here **LINK**

DM

Anthony Hudson03/06/2015 08:37:41
5 forum posts

This makes into a Trent class lifeboat & is about 18ins long,I bought the kit about 10 years ago.Several articles detailed static models & also ones that were motorised at the time. I belive thet were part of the club 500 models at that time

ashley needham03/06/2015 18:18:12
5608 forum posts
177 photos

Anthony. we need more info.

What motor is fitted at the moment?? if not marked, the can dimensions will give us a clue. What voltage battery used to be fitted?

Do you want to go fast or is there another reason why you want to go brushless??

What size are the props currently fitted??

Picture?

Ashley

Dave Milbourn03/06/2015 18:30:35
3630 forum posts
228 photos

I think these had a single Speed 400 fitted as recommended, although I don't know what was actually in Tony's model.

I wouldn't change to brushless - the difference at this size would be marginal. A new 380 motor (e.g. this one **LINK**) will be cheaper than a total change of system. Ask me nicely and I might see if I've got one a bit cheaper than Gliders!

Dave M

ashley needham03/06/2015 20:39:14
5608 forum posts
177 photos

Question...Lipo use has been mentioned. Can you use an ordinary non-lipo speed controller if you have one of those low voltage warning bleepers on the battery??

Ashley

Dave Milbourn03/06/2015 22:05:06
3630 forum posts
228 photos

Yes.

DM

ashley needham03/06/2015 22:14:05
5608 forum posts
177 photos

The master of the minimalistic answer speaks.  And why say more?

Thank you. All I needed to know.

Ashley

Edited By ashley needham on 03/06/2015 22:15:20

Dave Milbourn03/06/2015 23:07:00
3630 forum posts
228 photos

**LINK**

I use this.

MotMA.

Anthony Hudson09/06/2015 13:27:46
5 forum posts

Many thanks for the advice I now have a new thread to follow

Tony Hudson

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Premier Thursday
PremierJuly 2019
Pendle Boilers
Sarik
JSB MODELS
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor