Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

Three Queens in Australia

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
Peter Fitness26/05/2015 23:45:50
508 forum posts
215 photos

The topic title is a bit misleading as, while all three Queens have visited Australia, they have never been here together. However, I have been fortunate enough to have some of my trips to Sydney coincide with visits by the Cunarders, and have the photos to prove itsmiley

I have added one of the QE2 leaving Sydney for the final time, in February 2008, with my wife and me on board, heading for Southampton!

Peter.

01 Queen Victoria.jpg

02 Queen Elizabeth.jpg

03 Queen Mary 2.jpg

04 QE2.jpg

Bob Abell27/05/2015 09:38:15
8904 forum posts
2783 photos

Hello Peter

Nice to see your QE pictures.........So far away from home

I wonder how much fuel is consumed on a 12000 mile voyage?

What`s the story on the red speedboat with the red passengers?

Bob

David Wooley27/05/2015 10:37:18
599 forum posts
702 photos
8 articles

Hi Peter Sydney is a truly classic back drop for the Queens certainly one of the best in the world . The light is also perfect.. QM is returning to Liverpool in a few weeks as part of the 175 anniversary of the PS Britannia's maiden voyage.

Thanks for posting

Dave Wooley

Peter Fitness28/05/2015 00:21:32
508 forum posts
215 photos

Thanks for the comments Bob and Dave. Yes Dave, Sydney harbour really is a beautiful sight, even on a stormy day such as the one in the shot of the Queen Elizabeth. On a sunny day it's absolutely spectacular.

Bob, the red speed boat is a jet drive vessel used to give thrill seeking passengers a high speed run around the harbour. I have not been on it, but those who do need to be prepared to get wet, as it performs some fairly radical manoeurvres in the course of the trip. On this occasion those on board had the added bonus of getting up close and personal with the Queen Victoria, which was making its first (of many) visits to Sydney.

I have no idea of how much fuel would be used on such a voyage, but I do know I would not like to have to pay the billsmiley

Peter.

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor