Forum sponsored by:
Forum sponsored by Dremel

ESC 110a

Wiring?

All Topics | Latest Posts

Search for:  in Thread Title in  
David Atkinson24/02/2008 15:30:00
28 forum posts
i there i have this esc there are two wires for the motor blue and coffee colour is the coffee colour the positive and blue the negative thanks
Ducky24/02/2008 17:10:00
308 forum posts
103 photos

Hi David

I've got an Mtronics ESC Marine Viper 15 in front of me still in the packet and as you say BLUE is Negative to motor and coffee/cream colour is Positive to motor.

Black negative to Battery and Red positive to Battery

Hope this helps

Peter

Telstar24/02/2008 17:30:00
323 forum posts
32 photos

Hi David...............The motor wires from any reversing Esc are not polarity sensitive since they swop over when going from ahead to astern .   (The battery wires are polarity sensitive and must be red to positive black to negative )   the connections to the motor can be either way, so as to give the correct forward reverse action of your transmitter stick (i you don't have stick reverse switch).

Cheers Tom

Ducky25/02/2008 14:16:00
308 forum posts
103 photos

In fact David there is an advert on the back of Model Boats Mag that show quite plainly the position of the wiring on ESC's for Mtronics

Peter

David Atkinson25/02/2008 14:19:00
28 forum posts

thanks for all the help from members

david

mick03/04/2008 20:21:00
127 forum posts
74 photos

hiya david

have you run your 110 a  speed controller  yet i  have one but i have one

but not tried  it yet  have you just thought i would ask thanks mick

Steve Clapperton30/04/2008 14:26:00
38 forum posts
9 photos

hi guys just a little problem ime fitting a futaba 2.4 gig receiver and transmitter into a supposedly broken down baitboat ive got almost everything working fine problem is one of the motors will not work unless i connect the bec cable now ive allready got the bec on the other motor connectd now should i remove lead from other motor and see if that works  or is it possible it will work with both bec connected or what can be wrong at least the motors both go well but i know ime risking a burn out or am i ?

cheers steve

Telstar30/04/2008 16:27:00
323 forum posts
32 photos

Hi Steve

are you sure both ESC have bec fitted? some don't  You could check this by connecting a voltmeter to the red and black, or red and brown wires that normally go to the RX,  connect the esc to the motor battery, and you should read about 5volts. If there is no reading then either the ESC has no bec or the bec is shot. on that ESC.

Alternativly disconnect the known good ESC from the RX, reinstate all the wires on the suspect ESC connect to the RX (without the good one) and see if the radio system works. If as I suspect it won't then the bec is functional on one ESC only and all the connections are needed on both ESC.

cheers Tom

Steve Clapperton30/04/2008 20:01:00
38 forum posts
9 photos

hi thanks for quick response what i did was disconnect every bec in turn 2 on esc and 1 controlling a servo and after much fiddling through lack of space i found that the last bec i disconnectd everything worked fine so hopefully no burn out now and all working great i forgot to mention that i had water sealed gap all electrics were sealed in a lesson learned here make SURE all is ok before finishing off  i  will certainly put your ideas in my things to check for future use this advice is invaluable for  people like me and is much appreciated

steve

Manxman01/05/2008 05:44:00
440 forum posts
133 photos

Hi Steve,

Glad to hear you've sorted your problem with the ESCs & BECs

I Have 3 fitted into my latest model.  When using multiple ESCs/BECs the receiver must ONLY BE POWERED FROM 1 ESC/BEC - the power (positive) leads must be disconnected from the plugs of the others, leaving the signal and neg wires connected.

Do not cut the wires, use a small screw driver to un-hook the barbs and pull the wire out, bend back onto the cable and fix with a small piece of insulating tape - If you later decide to fit the ESC into an other boat the wire is easily refitted.

Cheers - Kenny

All Topics | Latest Posts

Please login to post a reply.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Shrek
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor