By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for CGAux26

Here is a list of all the postings CGAux26 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: return of modelboats magazine
07/08/2020 23:23:35

Any idea when the August print issue will reach Texas, USA? A bit anxious to see it!

Thread: Tiny Type
26/11/2019 22:56:30

Just finished reading the winter edition. Some good articles in it. But the extra length of this edition brings forth an old issue: the type in this magazine is too small for old eyes to read.

So I will let my subscription run out and say Adios.

Thread: Grand Banks 46
02/06/2018 23:36:04

A very interesting build. One thing to note: The real Grand Banks yachts have teak decks with black separator lines between the planks. My authority is having owned a GB 42 Classic a few years back. It was a great cruising boat, built like a brick outhouse.

Thread: canopy glue
01/06/2017 16:31:47

Have you tried a good pencil eraser, like a Pink Pearl? I have used it on Canopy Glue, but it does the job on some other things.

Thread: Subscription Blues
28/05/2017 16:15:31

I got the email from MB saying my subscription is due for renewal. Went to the re-up website, entered my data, went to the payment page and then the trouble started. All kinds of error messages. No way to pay in USD, etc.

I sent an email back to the subscription department. Told them it does not work, using either Safari or Firefox browsers. They say call. I will not spend the money for an international call for this.

Anyone else having this problem?

Color me pissed.

Thread: Painting large models
19/04/2017 17:45:08

I have made a paint booth from a very large moving box, 2 feet square x 5 feet tall (a "dish pack" they are called over here). I cut one side out of the box, then cut a square hole in the opposite side to fit a house air filter. A box fan is attached outside the box over the filter, so it sucks air through the filter and the box. I have painted my Loyal Fleet Tender (40" LOA) in it and never had paint escape into my garage. Paint does not show on the fan blades, so the filter is very effective.

I would post a picture of my booth, but I am new to this forum and don't know how.

Dave F., Tomball, Texas, USA

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Nylet
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Sarik
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor