By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Gambier Bay

Here is a list of all the postings Gambier Bay has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club Summer Open Day
15/07/2019 21:33:00

Was an early start for me up at 6 am and on the road by 6.45 and the weather didn't look too good low cloud and drizzle. However once again the weather was on our side. A very pleasant warm sunny day. Representatives from 15 clubs attended and also 4 traders and of course the RNLI. We had lots of models of all types on display. Some very large lifeboat models were on display by the Lifeboat Enthusiasts Society. There were also some very nice sail models, very brightly coloured so they stood out when they were on the water. We had 3 big hovercrafts also on display. Amongst the scale models there was a huge variety of models. The Editor of Model Boats kindly did the presentations for best tug model and best Kirklees Model. At 2 pm we encourage as many models to be on the water and I am pleased to say we had 32 models of all types and sizes take part. The day finished with the raffle. Thanks to everyone who travelled whether it be a short or long distance, to once again make the day a success.

Stan.smileysmiley

12/07/2019 15:45:39

Sadly Mobile marine will not be able to make our open day.

Stansadsad

09/07/2019 15:13:18

Just a week to go now to our Open Day. Trade support this year will be provided by Deans Marine, Mobile Marine, Scale Flags, Morley SD Models and possibly Pendle Steam Boilers. Visiting clubs, large raffle, free car parking all day, refreshments, competition for best Tug model, free sailing all day, static displays and RC controlled model Tanks. All types of models will be on display, something for everybody. If you are planning to visit I would recommend you arrive early and ask for Stan. Lake post code is WF17.

Stan.smileysmileysmileysmiley

Thread: GRAUPNER WEISEL KIT
17/05/2019 22:39:31

Hi Kevan this may be a difficult kit to locate went out production many years ago. I think if you find one not started you will be looking at £250 .If you can source the bofors made by Graupner then add a further £60. I have the kit and the bofors but it is not for sale.

Stan

Thread: Action P44 Twinlatch switcher
05/05/2019 12:29:28

HI Ian good News will be in this evening.

Stan.

04/05/2019 23:49:26

Hi ian check your private messages.

Stan.smiley

04/05/2019 23:29:32

Hi Dave I should be able to help with this.

Stan

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club
13/12/2018 11:25:07

I can now confirm the following dates for 2019.

Sunday 14 April Steam Open Day.

Sunday 14 July Summer Open Day.

Sunday 8 September Autumn Open day

More information to follow.

Gambier Bay.yesyes

Thread: I need some help re Dumas USS Whitehall kit
14/09/2018 19:16:15

Hi sterling94 I need to contact you ref the Whitehall model. The model needs a lot work doing on it.

Gambier Bay.indecision

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club Autumn Open Day
31/08/2018 21:24:32

HI all just over a week now to our last open day of 2018. Mount fleet models will be on site and we hope to have Pendle steam boilers and a new trader who makes boat parts. Free sailing all day car parking also free raffle and refreshments lots of models on display something for everybody. Also a classic car rally will be taking place in the park on the top green. The event runs from 9am until around 4pm.

Gambier Bay.

Kirklees Model Boat Club.smiley

03/08/2018 10:28:27

Kirklees Model Boat Club will be holding the there final open day on Sunday 9 September at Wilton Park Batley from 09 00 to 15 00. More information to follow later in the month.

Gambier Bay.smileysmileysmiley

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club
12/04/2018 00:16:33

Just under two weeks now to our steam event. I hope to have Pendle boilers attending and Tony Green models also Mountfleet models. It doesn't matter if you do not have steam model you are still welcome to come along with your model. More to follow.

Gambier Bay

06/03/2018 08:21:50

We will be holding our annual steam day on Sunday 22 April at Wilton Park Batley. Start time from 09 30 until 15 30 more information to follow.

Stan.smiley

Thread: Ellesmere Port show 2018
19/02/2018 17:26:22

No show at Ellesmere this year.

Gambier Bay.

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Open days 2018
25/01/2018 21:23:05

Our 3 main open days for 2018 are has follows

Sunday 22 April Steam and Mountfleet Open Day.

Sunday8 July Summer Open Day.

Sunday 09 September Autumn Open Day.

All events start at 09 30 am until 4pm . We do not operate I/C models or high performance f/ electric more information to follow.

Gambier Bay

Kirklees Model Boat Club

Edited By Gambier Bay on 25/01/2018 21:28:55

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club Steam Open Day
12/04/2017 11:20:21

Our annual steam open day will take place on Sunday the 23 April at Wilton Park Batley. Start time from 10 am until 4pm. If your passion is steam then we hope to see on the day post code for our water is WF17 8JH. All steam plants should  have up to date paperwork

Stan.

Edited By Gambier Bay on 12/04/2017 11:25:42

Thread: Kirklees Model Boat Club Steam/ Mountfleet Open day
24/03/2014 18:54:07

Kirklees Model Boat Club will be holding their annual Steam and Mountfleet Open Day on Sunday 27th April 2014 at Wilton Park, Bradford Road, Batley WF17 8JH from 9.30 a.m. to 3.30 p.m. Free car park and refreshments. All steam plants must have an up-to-date boiler certificate where required. An award for the best Mountfleet Model will be given. For further information contact Stan at www.kirkleesmodelboatclub.org.uk Everybody welcome with all types of boats except IC and high performance fast electric.

Thread: New Member
24/12/2010 10:09:06
HI Guys. My main interests are warship models.I have built one fishing boat many years ago but I still drift back to the grey funnel line.I live in the north of England  and I have been a member of a club for over 22years.
19/12/2010 17:26:15
Hi I have just signed up to the Model Boats Forum. I am still finding my way around.

Gambier bay
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor