By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Bruce Mumford

Here is a list of all the postings Bruce Mumford has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Vic Smeed's Model Boat Designs
07/05/2018 09:57:13

Many thanks for the information it helps greatly.

Thread: Vic Smeed's Hobo
05/05/2018 13:38:07

Does anyone have a copy of the original article that went with the article and free plan that they could scan and e-mail to me please. I am building this for my Grandson and the article would answer some queries I have.

Thread: Saturn Radios
10/07/2014 19:27:15

Does anyone have any experience of Howes Models Saturn 2.4 GHz radios. Considering buying one. Cheers

Thread: Dual voltage supplies
03/02/2014 09:36:30

I am about to install the electronic systems in the tug and have two 12 vdc batteries and will connect them to an action Electronics P103 to ensure one battery does charge the other. Problem is I also need a 24Vdc supply for the smoke generator! Thought I coud also put the batteries in series but don't think will work. Ideas please.

Thread: Mtronik 15 amp ESC
25/11/2011 22:22:06
Hi Guys,

Well I eventually went with advice from Mtroniks, which was to lift both red (+ve) leads and use a 4.8 v battery for the radio. Fine went to the pond switched on, did my checks everything ok. Set of gently, fine, then eased open the throttle and guess what the U/J s simultaneously failed and left my beatiful little boat beyond reach!. Normally the prevasiling wind brings a failed boat back to the bank within minutes, yes you guessed it that day there was not a breath of wind. Thankfully she drifted back to the bank overnight, so now I am uprating the couplings to Graupner ones!

Cheers Bruce.
07/11/2011 23:53:47
Gary,

Do you have any idea of what the Mtroniks name or code is for the ESC mixer? I can only find their V-tail mixer.

Cheers,

Bruce
28/10/2011 17:37:12
I am powering a small Tamar lifeboat with two15 amp Viper ESC's. The Rx signal is fed to each via a y-lead with the +ve red lead lifted on one esc Rx lead. Problem is that the esc with the lifted +ve is 'blown up' after 10 to 15 mins of operation! Any ideas please.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Nylet
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor