By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Fred Nightingale 1

Here is a list of all the postings Fred Nightingale 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Steam Launch Miranda
02/06/2015 16:21:37

Hi Roy

I have all the pages on my computer if you let me have your e-mail address I will send them to you.

Fred

20/02/2014 16:57:58

Hi All

Don't come into model boats much these days as I am trying to build a traction engine but if anyone wants information or pictures of Miranda please let me know.

Fred

Thread: Steam Launch Miranda Plans
06/04/2011 13:27:35
Hi Bill

Have you got the written word by Basil Harley, if not let me have your e-mail address by PM and I will send it across. It may help

Fred

Edited By Colin Bishop, Website Editor on 06/04/2011 17:09:56

Thread: "Miranda"steam launch
24/01/2011 19:36:15
Hi Adrian

Forgot to add some Pics

24/01/2011 17:39:03
Hi Adrian

I take it you have the Basil Harley Plans for Miranda. There is also a written article in Model Boats Magazine around Oct.1983 which does help a bit when constructing the boat and it also has a few pictures
With so few bulk heads you need to put on a skim of 0.4mm ply wood this helps when planking.
If you don't have, and can't find this article let me have your address I will send you a copy.

Good Luck Fred

09/12/2010 21:14:53
Hi Alan

Like yourself I have just completed the Steam Launch Miranda. Building Engine and boat from scratch.
First dip was in the bath to get the water line. I then took it to a friends swimming pool, he did not want me to run the engine (OIL) so I got in and swam round with it making the water a little choppy  Everything seemed ok although it sits quite low in the water and appears a bit unstable.
When I got it home and checked it out there was a little water in the bottom of the boat. I have since put it back in the bath and there no leaks. The only thing I can imagine is I made the water to choppy and it went over the side.
Have you had any problems with yours being unstable
Regards Fred

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
SLEC
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor