By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Trevor Drabble 1

Here is a list of all the postings Trevor Drabble 1 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Model Boats - Current Issue
01/10/2021 12:50:06

David , That's absolutely BRILLIANT news from you . As for comments made in your last post , been there , done that etc, and so I appreciate the significance of your present position , so WELL DONE . It also means I now have another MB article to look forwards to , thank you . Trevor

30/09/2021 22:00:42

In essence l agree with Colin's points , and to anyone who feels strongly about the magazine content , then suggest they respond in a positive way by submitting articles on their preferred subject . You never know , you may well win over some converts to your interest as well as introducing another welcome and valuable avenue to the already rich and diverse list of subjects already covered by the magazine . Trevor .

30/09/2021 11:19:03

My 2 local Tesco stores also now stock MB .

29/09/2021 15:14:22

David , Some years ago l experienced exactly this same problem and so decided to change to subscription copies , and to date the service has been 100% reliable which has had the effect of lowering my stress levels considerably . It has also meant the bonus of lower costs both from the cost /mag point of view as well as the cost of the return journeys into town , so win win from my point of view . Trevor.

Thread: Model Boats - Classified Adverts
21/09/2021 10:10:06

Ray , l agree that ads should be brought back , certainly in the mag. . I did ask the question of mag editor some time ago and was told there were no plans for their reintroduction . I would also suggest that if they are , that the information form describing the items for sale should have the mag issue details printed within the header. I know a number of people with similar " minority" interests buy their respective magazines in part because of the adverts sections . Similarly l believe an ads section would boost flagging mag sales , with maybe a 12 month trial period to confirm . Trevor

Thread: Names
25/08/2021 15:11:33

Richard , you most welcome . Also , please note that Timpsons ( near M&S) within Meadowhall have an on-site computerised engraver , which you may find of interest.

25/08/2021 12:31:30

Would sugest you also try B H Lowe 01922 479737 / 07860 422098 or www.lowebrass. com

Thread: Which prop shaft?
13/06/2021 20:28:43

Wayne , Maybe with giving Mobile Marine Models a ring and discussing your requirements with them since they actually make them at their facility in Lincolnshire. Trevor

Thread: MFA Spearfish unfinished kit
22/05/2021 16:53:36

Paul , The alloy cross iin the second picture is the motor mount . Trevor.

Thread: Sound Units
09/05/2021 15:50:32

George , Model Shop Leeds do a steam engine sound module for around £23 . No connection with the company . Trevor.

Thread: Billing Boats Bluenose 576 1:65
16/03/2021 11:24:46

Norah , Have you tried contacting Billing Boats directly ? Trevor.

Thread: Dave Milbourn Funeral Arrangements
14/03/2021 13:37:34

Thank you again Colin .

Thread: Beginner's kit - simple, not too dear
14/03/2021 13:35:56

Henry , My suggestion would be either the Sprinter Tug Boat or a pair of the Tug Mini boats from shg-models , who now trade only on ebay . The kits are easy to build , comprehensive, easily customised and hence ideal for your purposes . They also sell everything else you need to complete the models , incl r/c , and so is a one -stop shop . The owners , Graham and Sue are very knowledgeable and helpful . I have no connection with the company other than as a very satisfied customer . Trevor

Thread: Timer/alarm??
01/03/2021 13:34:05

Terry , I believe Leeds Model Shop ( no connection ) 0113 264 6117 , have 3 versions of a low voltage alarm unit which you may find useful . Hope this helps . Trevor.

Thread: Wanted - ME mag vol 90 issue 2228 (1944)
19/06/2020 17:51:19

Roger ,

Have you tried Tee Publishing ?

Trevor.

Thread: m15 monitor
26/04/2020 23:33:25

My suggestion would be to use a 2:1 step-up gear ratio , with the larger gear mounted on a standard or high torque , metal geared servo , and the smaller gear mounted beneath the monitor . SHG ( no connection) do an excellent range of gears for this purpose , using either direct or belt drive , depending on your preference , as well as a good range of servos and sail winches .

Thread: Model yacht stand
19/10/2019 20:42:34

Janis , Glad you sorted and hope all works out well for you .

Trevor.

11/10/2019 11:32:55

Janis , If you still struggling , and happen to be anywhere near South Yorkshire , please let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you out . Trevor

06/10/2019 22:34:54

Janis , Thank you for the picture , most useful . Would now suggest you go to Ripmax - Aircraft Accessories - Model Stands/Cradles. There you will find 6 examples , 1 of which I hope you will find suitable . They also have a list of dealers , one of which I hope is in your area . Hope this helps . Trevor.

03/10/2019 19:03:48

JanIs , May l suggest you look on the respective web sites for Model Yachting Association and also for Model Power Boat Association and explain your dilema to them . Am sure enquiring through their contacts options and club directories will yield positive results for you . GOOD LUCK. Trevor .

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Nylet
Sarik
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor