By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Robin Buckland 2

Here is a list of all the postings Robin Buckland 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: TV Series - Tugs
03/10/2014 16:07:48

Hi Bob, Tony,

No, I'm not a member of that club I'm afraid. I was available to accept the invite from the Star Tugs team to be able to go and see them at the time, and to write up an anniversary feature on behalf of Paul for the magazine. Hope you enjoyed the feature though.

Robin smile

Thread: New Aquacraft 1/72 USS Fletcher...
24/06/2014 15:27:58

Hi Bob,

The suggested selling price (SSP) is £849.99, so a touch less. thumbs up

HTH

Robin

24/06/2014 13:08:14

Hi Paul,

He came out of one of the sheds to help...teeth 2beer

Robin

22/06/2014 11:19:01

Hi Ashley,

Heavy enough I think, no water ballast.

As for two sheds, way to go. wink 2

Robin smile

21/06/2014 12:54:46

More details to follow, but I though some might be interested in this new ready built model of the USS Fletcher in 1/72 from Aquacraft. Motors already fitted, your choice for adding radio gear of your choice. I figured that me holding it would give a good idea of how big the model is. wink 2

aquacraftuss fletcher (111).jpg

Robin smile

Thread: Hello...
07/06/2014 21:34:49

Hi Dave (Wooley), This one hasn't been released yet so I would only guess it was either their New York or the Revell New York you may have seen at Telford (both in 1/350) as I'm not aware of the San Antonio kits being in production yet. Either way they are excellent. I did see the piece on the Green Bay, very useful. Best of luck with your 1/144 build.

What's due here any time via Revell /Hobbico is a (pre-built and not cheap), 1/72 USS Fletcher designed for fitting with R/C gear. That will be big. smile o

Hi Dave (P), wink 2smile such is life.

Cheers

Robin

06/06/2014 09:57:38

Though not yet in the shops as I write this, Bronco have sent me some pictures of their test Shot of their 1/350 San Antonio assembled. Thanks to Bronco for sending them through. Certainly looks good, see what you think. thumbs up

Bronco 1/350 San Antonio -Test Shot

Robin smile

Thread: A surviving LCP(L)...
31/05/2014 23:31:30

That looks very nicely done Bob.thumbs up

Robin smile

31/05/2014 22:36:23

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the note but no worries, I smiled too.teeth 2

Talking of photoshop though, this is another 1/76 model I built back in 2008. Also by Milicast, the much larger LCI(L), and which is about 2ft in length. Thanks to photo editing, it 'put to sea'. wink 2

Milicast 1/76 LCI(L)

Robin smile

31/05/2014 21:00:19

Hi Paul,

Thank you. They are all to 1/76 scale. The LCP (L)itself is about 5 1/2 inches long.

HTH

Robin smile

31/05/2014 13:29:39

Just to add to this, here is a photo of the Milicast Model of the LCP(L) that I have done,

Milicasts 1/86 Model of the LCP(L)

Along with a group picture of it with their LCA and LCM1

3 Landing Craft in 1/76 by Milicast

Robin smile

Thread: Hello...
30/05/2014 20:15:06

The San Diego itself is still not released as far as I know, though I do have Revell's New York which I need to get started, another of the same class. It is one of two or three large scale ships I have on hand and will certainly share on the forum when I can get to them.

HTH

Robin smile

30/05/2014 11:53:03

Hi Bob,

Thanks for that. Unfortunately some things come along that you can't plan for.

Robin

30/05/2014 11:29:21

Just a note to say that for personal reasons I am going to be unable to continue to help Paul and Colin with the website so must bow out for now. Best of luck to Colin in resuming his full role on the site and happy boating to all.

Robin

Thread: A surviving LCP(L)...
23/05/2014 11:02:45

Hi Bob,

These were unarmoured, and in as in this case unarmed, save for a pintle mounted Lewis gun. So no, no protective shields. Some US built versions did have two .30 mounted in forward gun positions, but this is not one of those. The other Higgins boats you can see in the photos had two .30 cal positions which you can see plated over, near the back.

As for photos, have a look at this link which shows them well.

HTH

Robin smile

23/05/2014 10:12:31

With D-Day in mind, and thoughts of Landing Craft, I thought others might be interested to see these photos of a couple of surviving Landing Craft to be found in Normandy.

Robin teeth 2

Thread: Fred's Big Toephy!
21/05/2014 11:01:43

We always like to be able to feature club event reports, and as an example this one was in our April issue, also bringing with it the memories of the serious flooding we had around the country at that time. thumbs up

Robin smile

Thread: Brighton Modelworld 2014...
01/05/2014 09:51:59

As a bit of a taster for our June 2014 issue, Colin visited the Brighton Modelworld show, and this is the report from his visit.

Robin smile

Thread: Treasure in the attic
18/04/2014 09:43:46

Hi Bob,

That's a super find, thanks for sharing it. As you have said, amazing what can be lurking in peoples attics and which are so often discarded by people who don't know what they have at hand.

Robin smile

Thread: D-Day 70th anniversary event 2014
13/04/2014 08:42:58

Hi Ashley,

Sorry for my delay in replying to your query. From the looks of the example in your photo it seems to be approximately 1/32, as those look like Britain's figures. If anyone has the old Airfix 1/32 ready made Cromwell that would be one solution, but for a bit more detail then the Tamiya range do a good variety such as the Cromwell which is not too expensive and easy enough to build. An alternative might be a Sherman or a Jeep, which are also available in the Tamiya range as well as from Italeri. For figures, then the 1/32 soft plastic Airfix ones are well priced though not ready painted like the old Britains figures, which are another option.smile

Hope that helps, and best of luck with the event thumbs up

Robin smile

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Restorers Wanted
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Premier March
Shrek
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor