By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Roy Parkes

Here is a list of all the postings Roy Parkes has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Revell 1/72 scale Corvette Kit.
09/12/2008 17:16:00

Hi Gordon,

Sorry but I no longer have the info, I deleted it from my computer after I sold the kit.

I would suggest you try the different forums or 'Google' for the information, that is how I found most of mine.

Good Luck,

Roy.

11/11/2008 15:58:00
Now sold, thanks for looking.
10/11/2008 17:15:00

Started Revell 'Snowberry' kit, only 4 sections of hull joined together.

Details of Model:
Scale 1:72
No. of parts 1003
Length 850 mm

Can be fitted with motor and radio control if required.

Will include instructions from the Web on fitting Radio Control and details of constructing as HMS Bluebell if HMCS Snowberry not your choice.

Any Offers, postage at cost or collect free, 5mins from Junction 1 of M6.

Thread: RN Western Approaches Colours
09/11/2008 18:45:00

Where can I obtain Aerosol cans of paint that will simulate 1942 Western Approaches Colours, I do not have any spraying equipment.

UK based.

Thanks.

Thread: Rails
07/11/2008 16:46:00
Is there an Email contact for James Lane, the Hobbies are to long?
Thread: Adhesive advice please.
12/10/2008 18:36:00
My kit suggests the following:

Epoxy prop shaft and the like.
Super glue for plastic to plastic, wood to wood and plastic to wood.

I thought that PVA for wood to wood and solvent plastic cement for plastic to plastic, plastic to wood really not sure.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Roy.
Thread: Thoughts Please.
04/10/2008 11:12:00

Thanks for responses to my initial request under the heading ‘Help for a Rookie.

On Tuesday of this week I also Emailed 6 suppliers/shops regarding boat kits and what they would suggest a first time effort, to date I have only received one reply, is this the norm because it was a bit disappointing.

I am also dithering because I have read from many sites that a lot of the well advertised kits seem to have various build problems and weak instructions and this goes a bit against my experience in constructing many railway kits of which the majority were fine.

A friend has also told me of his one and only experience of a boat kit purchased a few years ago. This was from a well known provider and he found all sorts of problems, plan not to scale, measurements incorrect, white metal fittings very rough, parts missing and some not fit for purpose in the end he gave up.

Is this what kit building is really like?

To am sorry to be having a good moan, but paying out £250/300 for a kit would be a lot of cash to me and I would like to make sure that I have a chance of completing the project.

Thread: Advice please.
30/09/2008 10:51:00

I would be grateful if you could recommend which of the following RC fishing boat kits is suitable for a first effort in boat modelling.
I am not new to building models having for many years been a railway modeller [7mm scale Narrow Gauge] building my own locos and stock etc.

Robbe - Antje 2.
Artesania - Helen.
Motor Fifie Amaranth.
New Maquettes - Lemarie Ange.
Graupner - Elke HF 408.
Aero Naut - Anna 2.

Or any other suggestions.

Many thanks.

Thread: Suggestion for a Rookie
18/09/2008 11:28:00
Have in the past built model railways and recently sold my
exhibition standard 7mm scale Narrow Gauge Layout and now I'm looking for a
new project and thought how about an RC boat for something completely
different.

Would welcome any advice, such as what kit would members recommend
for someone like myself to start with, perhaps a fishing boat.

Also where does one sail your finished model, are there places for
the general public, those of us that do not belong to a club.
I have looked on the web and the nearest club to me [Rugby,
Warwickshire] is some distance away, plus they all seem to meet
Sunday mornings, which I am unable to do.

Many thanks for any help.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor