By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sean Ryan

Here is a list of all the postings Sean Ryan has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: servo linkage
25/05/2009 20:22:01
Hi on fitting the rudder to my boat the tiller arm is too low for the servo arm to line up i cant lower the servo as it is on the bottom of the boat,i was thinking of turning the servo upside down which would make it level.Or can i bend the steel linkage rods to get them to line up that way.They are the proper ones with the thread on one end,or, will 2 bends cause them to flex on the bends as a load is put on them.Hope this makes sense.
          Sean
Thread: Perkasa
10/03/2009 20:16:12

Hi i was just wondering what colour the inside of the open bridge on the perkasa F.P.B'S was, all the photos i have which are sort of black and white seem to show it as white or maybe a light grey any suggestions appreaciated.
    Many thanks Sean
Thread: painting
30/12/2008 19:50:00

Thanks for the advice, following along on similar lines i have just coated the bare wood hull in 3 coats of sanding sealer and am now going to cover the hull  in shrinking tissue applied with cellouse dope, like the material used on model aircraft to give a good water tight base to the hull before painting,has any one got any usefull tips on using this stuff and applying it, apart from plenty of ventilation? that stuff smells strong.

Many thanks Sean

17/11/2008 20:12:00

Hi i am priming the hull and superstruture in Halfords car spray primer do you know if this is acrilyc paint?as if so it means i can buy normal acrylic paint from my local model shop to finish it off with topcoat, obviously if  different do not want the paints to react with each other.

Many thanks Sean

Thread: Perkasa class 32"hull
20/09/2008 09:56:00

Thanks for the advice i am not too worried about scale/rudder apperance if that helps

Thanks Sean

13/09/2008 13:12:00

Hi i have the precedent 1/32 scale perkasa patrol boat with the 32" wooden hull,i am looking at fitting a single 600 motor in it.I am wondering how to know what size screw and rudder to use and how to work out the length of the prop shaft needed ,also what capacity batterys would be needed to get it on the plane.I know there is a trade off between endurance and speed any info gratefully recieved.

Many thanks Sean

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Nylet
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor