By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for the converter

Here is a list of all the postings the converter has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Boxwood strips
21/09/2008 16:20:00
hi have you tried ebay they are ready available on the uk site
Thread: Planking the hull
11/05/2008 06:22:00

hi paul

thanks for that will have to look out for that one

cheers ron

Thread: Seeking boat builders
10/05/2008 18:43:00

hi all

have managed to find my local boat club not been easy but its only been running a year.

for any interested partys its called kingsmill model boat club.

thanks for looking at my threads ron 

Thread: Planking the hull
10/05/2008 15:31:00

hi all

just been reading the feature in the june edition of model boat (received in post today) by keith julier about how to plank the hull.

Being a newbe to this hoppy i found this piece very interesting and helpfull more so being half way through planking my first model .(after recieving some very helpfull tips from keith in my first thread).

how ever could some one please let me know what issue part one of this feature was published in or if anyone has a copy of the "period ship kit builders manual" for sale.

cheers ron  

Thread: New boat builder...
05/05/2008 13:59:00

hi ken

thanks for that  got most of the basics tools (drills,knives,clamps,files etc..)but still getting my feet wet when comes to tools for modeling.mainly looking at building plank on timper boats from kits and may be after got some experiance under my belt looking into paddle steamers from scratch built.(well thats my dream any way.)would be grateful of any advice on what boats would be good to build or any other advice you can give me.

thanks again

ron

Thread: Seeking boat builders
04/05/2008 20:05:00

hi

i'm looking for other boat builders in the mansfield and ashfield part of notttinghamshire is there a club for this area ?if so how do i join? . nearest i've managed to find is derby .

many thanks

ron  

Thread: New boat builder...
03/05/2008 20:46:00

hi ken

thanks for that will give that a try later.do you know of any good suppliers of tools on the web,

many thanks

ron 

03/05/2008 17:58:00

HI

just starting with boat building now have some free time .starting of with my first project the mantua model kit mincio at scale 1:20 full length at 450mm.started the 1st planking this weekend can any one give me some advice on how to get the plankes to bend without breaking and best glues to use.trying pva glue at moment but with little successe (keep coming un stuck).instructions that came with kit unclear and not very helpfull.

many thanks    

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
SLEC
Coastal Shipping August 2021
Nylet
Sarik
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor