By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for neil howard-pritchard

Here is a list of all the postings neil howard-pritchard has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cheshire Steam Fair 2008
17/07/2008 23:11:00
was this the large steam fair held neart Grappenhall,in cheshire, close to the canal. cheers,
Thread: Where to get it checked?
16/07/2008 20:05:00
thanks for that, paul. a really good lead, and a great help. many thanks neil.
16/07/2008 12:58:00

i asked a similar question about boiler testing in an earler thread and was told to seek out my local model engineers club.

I did and was greated with     "ohhh! a toy boat enthusiast? well you'd have to join the club  before anyone could test your boiler!"

"But I am not  really interested or even knowledgeable about steam trains, only a steam  driven model ship, and as you don't have a lake here for me to sail on, I wouldn't be of much input to your club so wouldn't really be interested in coming to the meetings.my interests are elsewhere"

"well, if you joined the club, we'd expect you to come to meetings and have an inpu, and we frown on people just joining our club to get a boiler test."

"What sort of engine and boiler are you fitting in your "boat?"

" A proteus boiler and Twin Cheddar puffins"

"uuurrrhhhh, Cheddaaaarrrr " 

Craig, I hope the club that you find to test your engine and boiler are a little more friendly that the elitist club that I turned my back on!!!

Thread: RMS Titanic & SS Moygannon
09/07/2008 12:11:00

Titanic has now also been sold, thanks.

Someone said it was going back to Belfast....give them another shot at getting it right??

Thread: IMG_0030 (2).JPG
03/07/2008 17:28:00

hi paul.

Sorry

I passed on the GA drawings to Metcalf Mouldings who did all the moulds for me,

And the lines went to Mike Pendlebury who is a member of lifeboats24-7 website.

I didn't retain any myself.......got so much junk in my workshop I tend to get rid as soon as I have finished a model or I would gladly have helped.

cheers,neil.

Thread: fibreglass and wood
03/07/2008 11:55:00

what part of the country do you live in, adrien.

in the lancashire area we have Glasplies in southport, who will do mail order for all grp supplies,

and in preston there is a company who can do cedar and obeche similar to samba, called Page and Taylor. also on the other side of the country a company called BODDY'S of Boroughbridge, north yorkshire do some timbers.

in norfolk there is Twigfolly of Atleborough who do that sort of timber. good luck.

Thread: Members TOP 20
01/07/2008 14:26:00
If the wind was that bad Bob, STOP eating the beans and brussel sprouts....told you before about that!!!!
Thread: importing goods
30/06/2008 21:04:00

have found it, ken.

just have to see whether i  can pinch it at the last moment.

cheers for finding it for me. neil.

30/06/2008 20:46:00
cheers, Ken, will have a look, and paul, I genuinely hadn't thought about that..beenevery where elso and found nothing. will give ebay a look. neil.
30/06/2008 08:24:00

hi, Ken. yes, but sadly at the moment they only ship to US destinations.their reply is please ask again in a few months.UPS want to charge $450 for shipping single items in a 3 day shipping.

cheers,neil.

29/06/2008 20:00:00

does any member know of a good but cheep courier who can import items from the USA.

my reason is simple.

I wish to buy a Dewalt 10 inch circular saw DW744.

In this country it would cost me £635.00 PLUS vat.

In the states I can buy exactly the same saw for $505.00 (dollars) roughly £250. on top of that is 1.7% import tax and then VAT on the whole lot inc. cost of delivery.............somewhat cheeper than the *UK price....just got to find someone bulk shipping to bring one over.any help would be appreciated.neil.

Thread: Members TOP 20
27/06/2008 23:20:00
aww, leave it on for a few more days.vinnie don't know what i've done to be in number two spot, whether good or bad........ but i haven't been that high up in class since junior school in woodwork.. was quite enjoying the accolade.......lol
27/06/2008 23:07:00

thankyou Vinnie,,,,,,,,,,,i know my place.

can go to bed now, totally puzzled. nighty night.

27/06/2008 22:58:00
can I ask what all this is about.........my simple little brain can't work ouit what is going on, and i really would like to know before i curl my little toes up for the night......
Thread: Clubs near Cardiff
26/06/2008 12:38:00
Jase, I have just sold my large model Moygannon to a lad at the Barry boat club, and by the sound of it he has a very very friendly bunch of lads as members, and apparently they go in for tug towing in quite a bi way. hope this helps.
Thread: RMS Titanic & SS Moygannon
23/06/2008 18:03:00

Moygannon is now sold, but the titanic is still available and I am open to decent offers on the asking price..................just have no room in the loft as the ceiling is giving way?????

cheers,neil.

Thread: Wanted-Revell snowberry/caldercraft Puffer
22/06/2008 20:06:00
there are plenty of Snowberry's on ebay either built or unbuilt, andusually cheep too.
Thread: books for sale
16/06/2008 19:27:00

due to a clear out the following books are for sale:

clipper ships x Edward Hobbs.....£2.99p; How to make old time Ship Models x Edward Hobbs..........£2.99p;  Don't all kill me in the rush!!

all prices exclude post and package which is about £5.00 per book as all are quite heavy.

Thread: Allergic reaction to super glue
11/06/2008 19:23:00
I have that same problem, Ray. and end up with streaming synuses and a cough. I find that Zap ouderless superglue helps a little  but still have to ware a mask.
Thread: Pocaltair
09/06/2008 20:48:00

It looks lovely Bob.

They had a large scale sale down at Fleetwood at the weekend, and it really was wonderful to see so much coloured sail beating up and down the lake.

well done, neil.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Premier March
Tony Green Steam
Nylet
Sarik
Shrek
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor