By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for David Atkinson

Here is a list of all the postings David Atkinson has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Help with wiring?
11/03/2008 10:26:00

hi again is there anyway to test esc to see if it is okay

dave

11/03/2008 10:08:00

hi ken there is no switch there are two  wires for motor two for battery and three for reciever

david

10/03/2008 16:56:00
THANKS TOM
09/03/2008 17:48:00
can anyone tell if you need a seperate power supply to the receiver when you use a esc with bec  as i have wired my boat and dont get any power to it i have wired it up as the plan for a single motor from westbourn models info plan any help would be appreciated thanks david
Thread: Futaba transmitter
27/02/2008 20:26:00
hi is the futaba attack 2dr 40815mhz  okay for model boats thanks  for your comments 
Thread: ESC 110a
25/02/2008 14:19:00

thanks for all the help from members

david

24/02/2008 15:30:00
i there i have this esc there are two wires for the motor blue and coffee colour is the coffee colour the positive and blue the negative thanks
Thread: Boulogne Etaples
16/01/2008 17:00:00

i have got chance to buy this boat the person who is selling it says it is a display model there is no engine rudder or electrics it is fully built but i think it may be okay to alter it to put on the water as anyone any idea thanks

Thread: taycol motor
31/12/2007 17:34:00
 hi there i have this old taycol 6 to 12 volts motor could any one tell me what kind of speed sensor would suit it or any problems i may have thanks
Thread: Thanks
30/11/2007 10:48:00

I would like to thank all the people who have had the time to help me with a few problems as when you start something new such as Model Boats and have very little knowledge on the subject, it is a great help.  Glad to see that there are still good people around.

David 

Thread: Boat electrics
28/11/2007 17:41:00

thank you for information and spending time to explain it as been a great help  it is a very good forum and good to have people like yourselfs to help

david 

27/11/2007 18:20:00

good evening

as a novis or should i say complete beginner could you tell me what i need to fit electrics in a wooden boat and how to wire it up for radio control i have never done this but have a very small knowledge on the subject thanks if you an throw some light my way

Thread: lead paint
10/11/2007 18:16:00
i have just recieved this old sixties boat and i want to strip the paint off and i am not sure if the paint  will have any lead in it what is the best way to tackle it   the boat is all wood  thanks d atkinson
Thread: veron huntsman
02/11/2007 22:00:00

hi i have just bought this old boat and wonder if i can get any plans for it any were

thanks hope some one can help i have been told it is a sixtys veron huntsman

dave

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Restorers Wanted
Tony Green Steam
Shrek
Sarik
Premier March
Nylet
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor