By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tim Cooper

Here is a list of all the postings Tim Cooper has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Torpedoes and tubes!
05/04/2020 10:07:55

I built a 1/35th PT Boat from a scaled up Eezebilt plan. I bought an Italeri accessory kit which had 2 torpedoes in it, but different lengths. I used these as a guide to make 2 more out of balsa and tube. No torpedo tubes on the boat I modelled.

Tim

Thread: "EeZeBilt 50+" Sea Princess build
04/04/2020 12:56:55

I have just started cutting liteply to build the Eezebilt OSA 1 missile boat , at 32" and have the plans printed the plans off for the Sea Princess . Should give me something to do whilst I am 'at home' and until I can start painting my D M Fairey.

Will post some pictures when I have made some progress.

Tim

03/04/2020 19:46:06

The Sea Princess in the thread is from the Eezebilt Boats website. The 50+ was to celebrate the 50 years since the original Eezebilt kits were introduced. The Sea Princess is 23" long.

Tim

Thread: Italeri S100
01/04/2020 10:19:55

Have just about finished the build on my Italieri S100. Waiting for a trip to the pond, only been floated in a bath so far.

The 3 guns turn and simulated firing from a couple of bits from Radio Workshop and fibre optic.

Three motors, centre one brushless, outers 385, originally 380 but couldn't reduce the vibration noise. Perhaps after the pond I may forgot them or change to brushless. Whenever I get to the pond again!

Tim

p1080236.jpg

p1080233.jpg

p1080235.jpg

Edited By Tim Cooper on 01/04/2020 10:21:27

Thread: BLACK ROSE
30/03/2020 14:40:53

Redmpg

I have just started the OSA 1, making templates from the plans. Then if we (70+) are inside even longer I may start the Sea Princess or Fire Tender. I did buy some sheet materials from Cornwell Model Boats before the lockdown. They are still open as they are mail order only.

Tim

Thread: Corona Cabin Cruiser
30/03/2020 12:34:37

Harry

Do you have to leave a certain proportion of the original boat to win the beer?

Tim

Thread: BLACK ROSE
30/03/2020 12:32:40

Not built the Black Rose but I have built the PT Boat rescaled to 1/35, without too many problems.

As I am stuck at home just starting a couple of eezebilt boats.

Tim

Thread: ESC help
25/03/2020 12:18:17

Robin

Are you say that the ESC is not working as you expect?

I bought one of those esc a few weeks ago as it was slightly cheaper than the Marine V 3 waterproof that I have used before. I struggled to set it up even using my programming card. Talking to component shop we came to the conclusion that this Esc is intended for cars. No problem using in a boat but you need the car programming card.

Using the car card it was up and running in minutes.

Tim

Thread: Todays Boating
23/03/2020 19:37:56

Ashley

I have a landing craft. It is a 1/35 scale plastic conversion. I changed the motors last year but haven't got around to trying it yet. Perhaps I should get around to making a carry box for it. Guess I will have plenty of time over the next few months.

Tim

23/03/2020 19:37:54

Ashley

I have a landing craft. It is a 1/35 scale plastic conversion. I changed the motors last year but haven't got around to trying it yet. Perhaps I should get around to making a carry box for it. Guess I will have plenty of time over the next few months.

Tim

23/03/2020 14:22:49

We had to go to Strathaven Scotland on Friday / Saturday last week, for family reasons.

Walking the dog in the local park on Saturday morning I found that they had cleaned the boating pond.

I wished I had a Model to sail. I must take one next time or make a small one that is easy to transport. I think I will have plenty of time to make one before we can go again .

Tim

img_20200321_093318[1].jpg

15/03/2020 16:12:25

Ashley

Having heard the interview on the radio this am, it didn't sound as bad as the Sunday papers. More stay at home and try to reduce your people contact as long as you are not ill. Although it was only a sound bite. My wife is only 68 so she will be wouldn't be covered by this .

Tim

15/03/2020 12:42:30

I have just ordered some sheets of life ply to start a boat if I was in self isolation for a couple of weeks. To get up this morning to find I might be in the house for 4 months.

I might need more modelling supplies!

Tim

10/03/2020 13:50:40

We have not only my wife's 35mm set up with extra lenses but a Fuji Bridge camera we don't use, having replaced it with smaller Panasonic lumix. We tried to sell the 35mm on EBay some years ago but I seem to remember there was lots of the same camera for sale and none selling.

I still have my Dads old camera with the prism view finder and bellows when you open it up.

Now we both have Smart phones so even on holiday my wife uses her phone to take pictures.

Tim

Thread: Magazine Preview
07/03/2020 14:23:05

Ok Colin

I thought my kindle was having a senior moment .

Just like the owner!

Tim

07/03/2020 12:07:06

Is it just me or does the preview of next month's magazine open to give details of the Feb issue?

Tim

Thread: Todays Boating
15/02/2020 12:24:36

Ashley

From what I saw on the news last night, there are some supply problems from China as a lot of people went 'home' for New Year and can't now get back to work. Don't how much of China is affected.

Tim

21/01/2020 12:34:26

It makes you wonder that if the cost has gone from 28 billion to 106 billion, what the final cost would be? But we couldn't afford to electrify the mainline from London to the East Midlands.

Tim

20/01/2020 13:40:23

Dave

We can hope they will cancel it.

It calls for a 16 metre high viaduct through the centre of Long Eaton. Just a few hundred yards from where I live.

All to save 10 mins (I think) on the journey time from London. You can easily lose that again on the roads around Nottingham.

Tim

20/01/2020 11:08:10

Ashley, Dave

That's why we don't want HS 2 joining Nottingham to London!

Tim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor