By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tim Cooper

Here is a list of all the postings Tim Cooper has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Todays Boating
28/04/2020 19:31:32

Thanks Ashley

I have a couple of mini servos in my odds box. Don't know where I bought them. Strangely I seem to have used one in my Fairey Huntsman.

I will get a few more mini servos for future boats.

I do have boats such as a Model Slipway Aziz which is very heavy and Robbe Dusseldorf, heavy and 4 rudders, which probably make use of the fitted standard servo.

Tim

28/04/2020 12:26:19

Ashley

Are those mini or micro for use as steering servos?

I was looking at the Eezebilt OSA last night and fitting the rudder before the sides go on. I have a couple of mini servos, wondering if a mini servo would be ok for the rudder? Most of my boats seem to have a standard servo for the rudder. Guess normally I have put in what the kit instructions have said, but sure I used a small servo on the Eezebilt PT Boat.

Tim

Thread: Etherow Model Boat Club
24/04/2020 12:46:53

Bob / Ashley

Does glass cloth and epoxy solve that problem?

The Eezebilt OSA I'm building will have some sealed spaces in the bow and lower hull.

Tim

Thread: Zulu
24/04/2020 12:42:16

Eddie

Back from walking the dog and having another strong coffee. We had some gardening supplies delivered this week from a nearby Garden Centre, the delivery charge was £4 so not bad.

I'm going out to the cabin / workshop soon. Trying to finish a storage box for a large boat and air brushing the hull on my Huntsman. Last 2 boats have been hand painted so not quite up to speed on the spray painting again yet.

Tim

24/04/2020 10:25:01

Eddie

Why can't I get my kindle to spell Bruder!

It has no trouble spelling Kindle or Amazon!

Going for a strong coffee. Too early for anything stronger.

Tim

23/04/2020 19:24:36

Eddie

Just seen my post again. It should have said shares in Be used!

Mine came from Amazon at about £10 each.

Tim

23/04/2020 11:28:27

Eddie

The chap in the blue trousers has his twin brother waiting for my Huntsman.

Wish I had bought shares in Be used!

Tim

16/04/2020 14:40:47

Ashley

Sorry to hear your news.

Tim

Thread: m15 monitor
16/04/2020 12:09:35

Sammy

On my S100 conversion I used Model Radio Workshop. Mike makes all sorts of turret turners etc. I used 2 of his units to add light and sound to the guns. For turning them I used small motors and pulleys for two and a servo winch for the bow gun.

The units I used weren't in his current list but he made them up for me and amended the design to make them easier to use. I have just looked on his website and he is still working.

Tim

Thread: OSA 1 Missile Boat
15/04/2020 17:52:39

Thanks

Ray, the angle is quite shallow, I can have a look at that. I was trying to avoid the problem I have just had with my S100 conversion. The tubes are long on that which gave me problems with noise at high revs especially with the outer motors , originally 380's, the central brushless wasn't so bad; after a change in flexible coupling.

Tim

Thread: My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.
15/04/2020 14:37:18

The 10 digit number can be found under settings when you have logged onto the MB site.

Tim

15/04/2020 14:33:22

Ashley / Colin

Sorted what I need to order from Model Boat Bits. Thought I might as well get the appropriate support at the same time. Would an A frame support be better that a P support or is there not much to choose between them.

Tim

14/04/2020 14:36:34

Thanks Ashley / Colin

I wondered how you could buy different lengths of tube and shaft.

I will have a look at Model Boat Bits.

Tim

14/04/2020 12:51:37

I have been looking at the prop tube needed for the OSA and it looks as though I may need a14" tube. Never having used one this long will it need to be supported along its length. Or should I try to find a way to use a shorter one?

Tim

14/04/2020 12:44:42

Ashley

Another 3 weeks of lockdown? At my age I was told to stay in for 12 weeks, which I reckon means June.

My brother in law (65) has just been told he is not to leave the house for 12 weeks starting now!

Perhaps you young uns will get boating first!

I have already got two boats that need to tested!

Tim

Thread: Sweet Sue II
13/04/2020 12:08:48

Matthias

I recently tried to program a similar Esc by the same manufacturer without the programming card. I thought that the card I had would be ok .

After several hours counting bleepsI gave up and bought the appropriate card, it seemed I needed a car or ground card for this Esc.

After 2 minutes it was programmed and working just as it should.

So unless with your musical background your better at counting bleeps I would get a card.

Tim

Thread: My Time Media. Model Boats Magazine.
11/04/2020 11:55:33

My magasine came 2 days ago. Mail deliveries normal in Nottingham / Derbyshire border, plenty of deliveries from Amazon.

Cornwall Model Boats say they are operating normally as much as possible so shouldn't be any problem with modelling supplies.

Tim

07/04/2020 16:46:46

Bob

It's an Eezebilt plan printed off the website on my home printer. So cut the plan up to make templates.It's 32" long and I am using 3mm lite ply for the framework, then 2mm for the hull sides. Not decided what to use for the super structure.

If you put Eezebilt boats into Google you will see the website.

Tim

Edited By Tim Cooper on 07/04/2020 16:53:00

07/04/2020 14:38:17

Made a start on an Eezebilt OSA 1 Missile Boat, whilst in lockdown and a change from gardening.

Tim

OSA 1

OSA 1

OSA 1

Thread: Etherow Model Boat Club
07/04/2020 11:55:31

Bob and Ray

Just back from walking the dog from the house to the park at the bottom of the street. A lovely day ! Normally I would have been meeting a friend for 9 holes of golf! We put up with all the wet weather over winter looking forwards to the nice sunny weather.

Back to the cabin to play with some lite ply.

Tim

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Nylet
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor