By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sailor Bob

Here is a list of all the postings Sailor Bob has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: HMS Kite
26/08/2008 23:42:00

Hi again, Dennis:

Just to confirm, you only want June and July, not August. And don't worry about the cost, it is only  $.50 per page.

Thanks,

Bob

26/08/2008 15:54:00

Hi Dennis:

Not to worry, didn't know you were in Canada, I live on the west coast. I will get the copies this week and get them off to you Friday.

Bob

26/08/2008 05:59:00

Hi Dennis:

Not used to this format, how do we send messages off line? Will need your address to send copies.

Thanks

Bob 

25/08/2008 16:18:00

Hi Dennis:

I can send you copies of these articles if you wish. Just a matter of how you want them - colour copies, black and white or as a PDF file?

Let me know, there are about 10 pages involved. I think the cost of colour copies would be about $5 Can.

Thanks, Bob 

21/08/2008 16:24:00

Hi Bryan

You are right, the Ktie is not a project for beginner but there is a weath of info in the article, mostly 'how to do' stuff. If you can borrow the article from someone it will serve you for the future.

Good luck with your modelling!

Bob

19/08/2008 19:20:00

Hi Bryan:

Yes, can get these to you. I can either print them off in black and white (colour would be about $20 Can) or I can try to download them to a PDF file and put them on a disc.

Let me know which you would like, I will also need your home address.

Thanks, Bob

Thread: Construction manual
12/06/2008 02:46:00

Hi John:

Guess this is a little late but for what it is worth --- I have been building the Lilla Dan in a manner similar to you, old model, not much info. I did manage to contact a chap in England who sent me a manual, not much help but I would be happy to pass a copy on you. The drawings give more info than the manual - typical Billings model!

Thanks and let me know.

Bob W.

11/06/2008 00:58:00

Hi again, Robert:

If you have trouble obtaining the articles of the Kite I have them in my files and would be happy to copy them for you.

Good luck,

Bob W.

10/06/2008 16:44:00

Hi Robert:

Paul Freshey's article on HMS Kite started in the April '01 issue of Model Boats and went through until the July '01 issue.

Hope this helps,

Bob W.

Thread: Ships plans?
10/10/2007 02:12:00

Hi Alan:

Don't know if you have found anything but see my post to Charles Reading re the Endurance.

Too many people wanting to make a model of that boat!

Good luck.

Bob

Thread: Help Needed!
09/10/2007 22:01:00

Hi Charles:

Don't know if you have found anything but I have a similar project underway and located the original plans for Endurance in the National Maritime Museum. A little pricey for us Canadians but purchased them anyway. The Scott Polar was also a source of info.

I also purchased a copy of 'South with Endurance' by John Hurley, great photos for details of the ship.

Hope this helps, good luck with your model.

Bob

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Tony Green Steam
Sarik
Nylet
Shrek
Premier March
Restorers Wanted
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor