By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Paul T

Here is a list of all the postings Paul T has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: BRUTUS MK 11
23/09/2020 11:22:11

Captain Bob

Try this

spg-53_radar_with_mk_68_director.jpg

22/09/2020 19:56:37

Firm but fair,

22/09/2020 17:11:17

Hi Ashley

I'm not a monster, I wouldn't use the rocket packs on cyclists.

They are far to expensive to waste on mere cyclists, so I use this

chain gun.jpg

22/09/2020 10:54:30

Hi Bob

Have a look at Phalanx CIWS on google, I'm ok but have a trapped ulnar nerve in my left elbow so my left hand isn't working properly so model building is postponed until it sorts itself out. but I'm not complaining as a lot of people are far worse off and one in particular would trade his condition for mine in a heartbeat.

Hi Ashley

They are attachments for my car to help with inner-city parking.

Paul

21/09/2020 20:12:33

Hello Captain Bob

Instead of having those single tubes try fitting multiple rocket packs.

rocket packs.jpg

rocket packs 2.jpg

Easy to build and very aggressive.

Paul

Thread: Airbrushing - glossy fininsh?
20/09/2020 18:37:50

Hello George

That is a very nice satin finish, its not a finish that I have ever tried to do.

Paul

15/09/2020 17:34:11

Hello George

Getting a 'wet look' is always difficult as it is all about getting a lot of paint on without creating drips or worse still ending up with an orange peel finish.

I think you have done a lovley job especially given your northerly location and having to work on your balcaony.

Paul

08/09/2020 19:45:29

Hello Bob

Nice of you to credit me but I can only lay claim to the design of basic hull /superstructure.

MK2 has evolved far beyond my 2050 concept.

Paul

Thread: FREE Bespoke Model of WWII HMS Diamond
05/09/2020 16:44:26

I would take it and snatch Jasons hands off at the same time, easily worth £100 donation, but its to far away to collect. I had even thought of getting a courier to pick it up but the packaging would be a nightmare.

Now if you only lived a little closer to gods own county.sad

Thread: todays boating
03/09/2020 18:15:32

Ashley

I've been through the Argos site and can't find that ship anywhere

03/09/2020 12:59:50

Thank you all.

It is just a cold but coming on top of radio therapy it has knocked me for six, what surprised me the most is that I am constantly tried and napping more than an old dog.

I feel like such a fraud as I have a very dear friend with far worse problems who gets on with life without creating a fuss. I wish his illness was as simple as a cold but it is far, far worse.

Thank you all again

Paul

Thread: Machine Tools
28/08/2020 18:35:27

I agree with Dave M that a drill press is a very versatile piece of equipment, not only is it great for precise drilling but it can also be used as a basic vertical lathe or milling machine and a router.

You will need a drill clamp

edpv.jpg

But this one will allow your drill to be a milling machine or router.

81-ixzo7fdl.jpg

I also found that the Dremel drill press is a very handy (smaller) version of the larger bench mounted machine.

Paul

Thread: The sensational Sea Gull
27/08/2020 16:49:22

Ashley / Trevor

I really enjoyed reading about your trip down memory lane and the subject matter is just amazing, I have never seen this design before and I think that Victor was onto something.

A cross between a ground effect design and artdeco furniture.

You two have produced a trio of thought provoking models and I can certainly see what Victor was aiming for.

Looking at the design with fresh eyes I believe that the lack of speed and 'airborne' stability problems could be solved by using two side by side motors and two of your 'leg drives' as two drive units would provide the speed to lift the boat out of the water and give the boat a more stable platform reducing the need for aircraft type control surfaces.

Paul

Thread: Best Servos
21/08/2020 17:05:55

Malcolm, George and Gareth.

Thank you gentlemen for your sage advice, when I finally get the chance to work on the yacht I will certainly be taking care to follow your advice as closely as I can.

Paul

Thread: todays boating
18/08/2020 20:44:25

A garden vac might be an ideal tool

18/08/2020 17:05:16

Hi Ashley

Now that you have time on your hands you could build a weed cutter, something like big landing craft with hedgecutter attachment slung underneath.

Paul

Thread: Best Servos
18/08/2020 16:12:39

Thanks Malcolm

Still not had chance to look at the yacht but I've taken the plunge and bought a couple of Hitec HS785HB servos (at £15 each it would have been rude not to) reading the blurb they will give me 8 fully controllable rotations at 12 kg/cm torque.

Paul

17/08/2020 14:42:44

Thanks for the replies and advice.

I am asking for two reasons, the first is for a winch / sail servo for my big pond yacht (that I've not looked at yet) the second reason is for dependable slim servos for larger model aircraft.

Paul

Thread: Outside the box thinking - 1970's Sea Commander
17/08/2020 14:37:18

There is nothing like the sound of a big twin model aircraft doing a flyby, my engine of choice are old school Super Tiger 3000 as they are dependable and, with the right exhaust, sound super.

There is also nothing like the buttock clenching fear when you fly a big twin, if one of those motors die then you have massive Catherine Wheel on your hands closely followed by a big hole in the ground.

I'm always widely off topic.

Paul

17/08/2020 14:28:54

Would it help move the boat around the lake side if you fitted 'quick fit' wheels to the sled?

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Model Boats? Use our magazine locator link to find your nearest stockist!

Find Model Boats!

Support Our Partners
Sarik
Nylet
Tony Green Steam
Restorers Wanted
Shrek
Premier March
Pendle Boilers
Shopping Partners
Social Media

'Like' us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Pin us on Pinterest

Member Contributions
Distributors of Model Boats for our overseas readers
Highlights

Make sure you never miss out on the latest news, product reviews and competitions with our free RSS feed

Make your own contribution to the Website

We welcome well written contributions from Website members on almost any aspect of Model Boating with a particular emphasis on practical hints, tips, experience and builds.

In order to maintain a consistent standard and format, all suggestions should first be sent to me by Personal Message for approval in principle. Only a very limited amount of time is available for editing contributions into a suitable format for placing on the website so it is important that the material is well presented, lucid and free from obvious spelling errors. I think it goes without saying that contributions should be illustrated by appropriate photos. I shall be happy to give advice on this.

The Member Contribution area offers space for short informative mini articles which would not normally find a place in Model Boats magazine. It is an opportunity for Website Members to freely share their  expertise and experience but I am afraid that virtue is its own reward as there is no budget to offer more material recompense!

I look forward to receiving your suggestions.

Colin Bishop - Website Editor